2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are making absolutely no sense at all. For a start you are wrong on firminio.... He scored 27 goals last season.

Offers us things??? Ha ha. We had Lukaku for Christ sake!

This madness needs to stop. He's crap and won't ever be good enough... Is he the best defensive striker about??

Firminho isn't even a 1 in 3 striker.... the numbers you chose to include involved his 15 games in Europe and they were a compete outlier. His overall run rate is 127 goals in 394 games..... you can't get a better sample size that that.

Explain why Firminho a striker who scores higher than 1 in 3 is picked ahead of Sturridge who is 1 in 2???

You know why it is but it does t suit your agenda against DCL as it stops you giving credibility to him for doing a role that a manager of a successful side sees more important than someone who scores more.

Firminho isn't even a 1 in 3 striker.... the numbers you chose to include involved his 15 games in Europe and they were a compete outlier. His overall run rate is 127 goals in 394 games..... you can't get a better sample size that that.

Explain why Firminho a striker who scores higher than 1 in 3 is picked ahead of Sturridge who is 1 in 2???

You know why it is but it does t suit your agenda against DCL as it stops you giving credibility to him for doing a role that a manager of a successful side sees more important than someone who scores more.
I was writing a long response to this. But I now think youre just trolling, and I refuse to entertain more of your bait.

Credibility? You choose to use firminios full stats but not DCL? He has scored 17 goals in 87 games. He's laughably bad for a striker.

Can't believe you are trying to compare him to firminio... There is no agenda against DCL. But he just isn't good enough. You can improve a strikers game, work on his touch... Timing of runs. But you won't ever make a non goalscorer into one

Credibility? You choose to use firminios full stats but not DCL? He has scored 17 goals in 87 games. He's laughably bad for a striker.

Can't believe you are trying to compare him to firminio... There is no agenda against DCL. But he just isn't good enough. You can improve a strikers game, work on his touch... Timing of runs. But you won't ever make a non goalscorer into one

87 games ... still clinging on to the hope that the illusion he played 87 full games is alive and well and that he actually hasn't played on average 48 minutes per match which is approx 40 games worth......

87 games ... still clinging on to the hope that the illusion he played 87 full games is alive and well and that he actually hasn't played on average 48 minutes per match which is approx 40 games worth......

You reckon all the other players you have compared him too have player every second of every match?

Or does that not suit your agenda?

Did you ever watch dugarry, bergkamp, Zola, di canio, sheringham, beardsley, baggio????

None of them prolific but impacted their teams in their play outside scoring.

So DCL has impacted our play to be in 8th/9th position.. What if we had a striker (in the true sense of the word) who scored 20 goals per season but didn't do the hassle and battle............would we be better off or not? Think people are only critical of DCL because he is not a poacher, doesn't score out of nothing and mainly we don't want him leading the line next season as he is now or we will once again be in for a long season. He is not good enough as of yet. That is the main gist of the majority of our fans.

.. the lad is done for with sh1te fans who are desperate to cling to any justification to see him scrapped off before he has ever been given his first proper run in the side.

I'll support any player who gives his all especially in the face of fans who don't give any credit whatsoever to someone going through a steep learning curve.

You reckon all the other players you have compared him too have player every second of every match?

Or does that not suit your agenda?

Well given the fact that I'm not judging him on his goals at all doesn't make any odds to me. My agenda is to try and guide the likes of yourself to appreciate the other elements of forward play which are kind of important..... failing miserably but it's like giving a piano to a man with no hands and expecting a tune.

Well given the fact that I'm not judging him on his goals at all doesn't make any odds to me. My agenda is to try and guide the likes of yourself to appreciate the other elements of forward play which are kind of important..... failing miserably but it's like giving a piano to a man with no hands and expecting a tune.

Nice. I'd say you embody what Everton has become. Willing to accept crap.

So DCL has impacted our play to be in 8th/9th position.. What if we had a striker (in the true sense of the word) who scored 20 goals per season but didn't do the hassle and battle............would we be better off or not? Think people are only critical of DCL because he is not a poacher, doesn't score out of nothing and mainly we don't want him leading the line next season as he is now or we will once again be in for a long season. He is not good enough as of yet. That is the main gist of the majority of our fans.

He certainly won't be good enough if the brain dead success starved Neanderthals make him feel like this thread would make him feel.

Complete and utter shortsightedness to think that his finishing can't improve... the very fact that all other parts of his forward play are better than any striker we have seen at the club in recent years means he should just be left alone to get on with his first proper run in the side.

I've seen jelavic go from looking like one of the coolest finishers around to an absolute mess in the box.... people on here seem to forget lukakus 10 and 12 game droughts for us and his recent ones for United.

Lukaku went 1139 minutes straight without a goal for us..... this lad has only played 300 minutes more football than that this entire season. Bit of perspective. But that gets lost when some of our fans have their boo boy to get stuck into.

How can anyone think he's the best striker we've had since big Dunc?!? We've had Lukaku and yakubu in that time! Christ even beattie and Johnson.

Not me....watched us win trophies galore in the 80's - I've seen first hand what makes a team win and it's not what you thi k it is.

You just stick to footy manager kid....

I still fail to understand any point your making. Are you saying that our teams in the 80's didn't need great strikers?

Status
Not open for further replies.