2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely it has alot to do with the service he recieves. Lets face it he is not exactly being given the killer ball? You could have a 20 year old Pele upfront and it would make very little diffence to our scoring tally if the service is ****.

The whole team play atrocious and the posters who can't wait to bash the young lads are out in force. Sad.

to be fair, most players are getting bashed after Saturday not JUST DCL

however, he did a golden chance to level it, and failed to get on the end of 1 or 2 crosses any decent finisher would have got on the end of

to be fair, most players are getting bashed after Saturday not JUST DCL

however, he did a golden chance to level it, and failed to get on the end of 1 or 2 crosses any decent finisher would have got on the end of

I think everyone agrees he needs to improve his finishing but if you take the whole package, how can anyone not say he's massively improved season on season and he's still improving.

We absolutely need a senior striker but I personally am happy with DCLs genuine improvement. These kids can't get better if they don't get games or make mistakes to learn from. DCL has admitted he needs more goals, he wants to improve yet he gets dogs abuse on here, no need for it.

I think everyone agrees he needs to improve his finishing but if you take the whole package, how can anyone not say he's massively improved season on season and he's still improving.

We absolutely need a senior striker but I personally am happy with DCLs genuine improvement. These kids can't get better if they don't get games or make mistakes to learn from. DCL has admitted he needs more goals, he wants to improve yet he gets dogs abuse on here, no need for it.

That's a far too sensible post to be put in this thread!

I agree with most of this pal, he's been brilliantly recently and has improved tenfold

but as you say we just need a striker to score goals

Surely it has alot to do with the service he recieves. Lets face it he is not exactly being given the killer ball? You could have a 20 year old Pele upfront and it would make very little diffence to our scoring tally if the service is ****.
We lead the league is crosses. He gets plenty of service. He'd get more if he was better. Keep him, he has talent and will improve. But upgrade is needed for certain.

Then he should study the videos and work out where he is going wrong!

People will still be coming out with 'he's young with potential' when he's 29
Nah, by that point Zat will call him ancient. He’s only got about 6 years left before he’s fo too old.
Of course it’s a possibility

Look at Hudson odoi and sancho

Rashford is also played as a winger so in terms of competition for the striker role there isn’t a huge choice so if he was scoring goals and getting man of the match awards there is always a chance he could get a call up
Rashford is played as both. Plays wider for England because he’s not unseating Kane. Sancho is streets ahead of DCL. The Hudson-Odoi thing I don’t really get either. Highly rated but never seems to do anything. Just all potential at this point. I’d wager DCL is like 12th on the list of strikers Southgate would consider for the nations cup.

I think there is an overall plan for the squad to move to athleticism and having a team having that key attribute, DCL will be part of that, but wont ever be more then 10-15 goals a season in my opinion.

Hes staying so the only question that remains is who do we bring in to compliment him and add to our attacking threat and edge.

Then we wont sign Gomes?

Nah, by that point Zat will call him ancient. He’s only got about 6 years left before he’s fo too old.

Rashford is played as both. Plays wider for England because he’s not unseating Kane. Sancho is streets ahead of DCL. The Hudson-Odoi thing I don’t really get either. Highly rated but never seems to do anything. Just all potential at this point. I’d wager DCL is like 12th on the list of strikers Southgate would consider for the nations cup.

Name the other 11.

He isn't and will never be good enough. He isn't even a kid anymore. The only reason he gets an easy pass is because he's English. If a 22 year old German had his stats the pundits would be going mental about how an average foreign import is stunting the growth of English talent.

Can't finish well, times his runs poorly. Not great attributes for a striker.

Runs a lot though. The lad will be a mediocre version of Danny welbeck

Status
Not open for further replies.