2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if Calvert Lewin scores 10 goals this season across all competitions he will have had a good season. He isn’t going to start the majority of games but think he could come on and both score and assist a good few late goals. He got some very good assists last year especially early on for Rooney and must have won 5 pens. If Calvert-Lewin had taken and scored the pens he won last year he’d have been in double figures and I think people would have a greater appreciation of what he is capable of.
Calvert-Lewin isn’t a natural finisher but he will create chances for himself and other as he has unusual characteristics of both being able to stretch defences with pace and hold the ball up and bring others into play with his hold up play.

I think if Calvert Lewin scores 10 goals this season across all competitions he will have had a good season. He isn’t going to start the majority of games but think he could come on and both score and assist a good few late goals. He got some very good assists last year especially early on for Rooney and must have won 5 pens. If Calvert-Lewin had taken and scored the pens he won last year he’d have been in double figures and I think people would have a greater appreciation of what he is capable of.
Calvert-Lewin isn’t a natural finisher but he will create chances for himself and other as he has unusual characteristics of both being able to stretch defences with pace and hold the ball up and bring others into play with his hold up play.

whats he on now 3? conceivable he will score 10 like

I'm sensing that you don't like him and have already totally written him off despite him being our joint 2nd top goalscorer in the premier league and having the best minutes per goal in the league as well. All while only being 21. This incessant dislike of young players and inability to let them just develop is getting boring on here. Not just moaning at you, there are many culprits tbf.
There is no reason to hate on young players.
There is also no reason to play them at all if they arnt good enough.

There is no reason to hate on young players.
There is also no reason to play them at all if they arnt good enough.
Ironic statement considering the player in your profile picture. He came good around the age of 24. You'd have written him off by then and called for Moyes to sell him. DCL is our 2nd top goalscorer in the league despite starting only a couple of games. Not saying he should be starting, not saying he's rubbish. It's ok to be somewhere in the middle and say he has potential to be good for us and I'm willing to give him time to show if he's rubbish or not. Atm I think he shows a lot of good things and some bad things.

Ironic statement considering the player in your profile picture. He came good around the age of 24. You'd have written him off by then and called for Moyes to sell him. DCL is our 2nd top goalscorer in the league despite starting only a couple of games. Not saying he should be starting, not saying he's rubbish. It's ok to be somewhere in the middle and say he has potential to be good for us and I'm willing to give him time to show if he's rubbish or not. Atm I think he shows a lot of good things and some bad things.
Why are you telling me who Id write off or not? I didnt write off Coleman, and I havent written off DCL.

Interesting to read he was a CM, winger and even CB going up the ranks before turning into a striker at 16.

Maybe this is the reason he doesn't really have that killer instinct goalscorers seem to have? I'll assume the ruthless finishers were bagging goals for fun even as like 8-year olds.

Status
Not open for further replies.