2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like your thoughts on how he is compared to Beckford and Bent.

He’s got a lot of similar characteristics as bent to be honest. Quick, strong, runs the channels well. Some of the criticisms aimed at bent could also be aimed at DCL -mainly concerns over finishing.

DCL is better in the air and improving all the time in my opinion. I honestly think he’ll be a big success here.

Hope we sell him to Bournemouth or somewhere where they’ll appreciate his majesty and he’ll bang.

He’d do very well there. He’s a similar type of player to King. For some reason plenty on here seem to want us to get King but get rid of DCL. It’s very confusing. DCL will end up a much better player.

He’s the ideal backup striker. Young, works hard and can make a difference in games and he’ll keep getting better with better players around him. It makes no sense to get rid of him just because he isn’t Harry Kane

He doesnt score nearly enough yet to be our main striker, thats not to like. He will probably improve, but until he has, I think we need another striker.
I don’t think anybody is suggesting he should be our main striker.
However with each outing he continues to improve and will, I am sure,continue to get game time for us and increase his goal tally.
That is how you develop young players with patience.
On the striker issue , I don’t think Silva or Brands will be shopping around for the traditional big centre forward some expect. That model is being superseded by the more mobile player who can play across the front line ,interchanging easily with his fellow forwards.
It is noticeable that Tosun who more closely approximates to the traditional striker figure and is certainly an able player , struggles to get game time in Silva’s team due in no small part to his lack of relative mobility ( in my humble opinion of course).
Calvert-Lewin on the other hand has the ability to play across the line and as he garners more first team experience he will continue to improve his decision making in front of goal, something I believe he has already noticeably done at the start of this current season. He has all the necessary attributes to prosper in a Silva team and as he continues to improve I believe he will become a big player for us.

Unless we win the fa cup and get drawn against league 2 teams every round, I doubt it
Bournemouth is where he should be
I'm sensing that you don't like him and have already totally written him off despite him being our joint 2nd top goalscorer in the premier league and having the best minutes per goal in the league as well. All while only being 21. This incessant dislike of young players and inability to let them just develop is getting boring on here. Not just moaning at you, there are many culprits tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.