2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We dont have a single player that would take anybody's place in a top 6 team, IMO.
Hard to disagree with that really. Hopefully we have some coaching staff who can actually develop players. As for DCL, the simple fact is that Tosun and Niasse have hardly set the world alight so I can understand people saying give him a try centrally.

27 games
6 goals
7 assists

Based on minutes thats fine for a 21 year old forward bearing in mind hes not had a run at CF in a decent team.

Either Richarlison or a new player is needed to start with DCL on the bench/rotation and bin off Niasse and Tosun.

He's not crap, though.

He's not a world beater, don't think anyone would suggest otherwise.

But he's a young player learning the game at the highest level and has always performed with 100% effort and commitment, more than a lot of other players have.

He's scored the winner in a World Cup under-21 final and last season was thrown in at the deep end due to our dreadful transfer business, and has also been shunted out wide because of the fact he will work hard wherever he is played and has pace, strength and the ability to get on the end of things.

Nobody is saying he doesn't have improvements to make. Nobody is saying he should be part of our team if we were going for the league title. But we aren't doing that. And he's a useful player in the squad.

He doesn’t have anything “special” to me that’s all. He’s a tremendous young athlete and that probably gives him a massive advantage at youth levels, but, he’s trying to make it in the prem. He’s skill level, compausre, finishing, touch and general awareness aren’t good enough and I don’t think they ever will be .

Based on minutes thats fine for a 21 year old forward bearing in mind hes not had a run at CF in a decent team.

Either Richarlison or a new player is needed to start with DCL on the bench/rotation and bin off Niasse and Tosun.

Let's wait and see on Tosun.

I'm not losing faith.

Personally I wouldn't start him on Sunday but I wouldn't be surprised if he does. Silva doesn't seem one to rip up a system and given Richarlison will be back, Tosun may stay in as that player up top that Richarlison can link up with as he did in the first two games.

Let's wait and see on Tosun.

I'm not losing faith.

Personally I wouldn't start him on Sunday but I wouldn't be surprised if he does. Silva doesn't seem one to rip up a system and given Richarlison will be back, Tosun may stay in as that player up top that Richarlison can link up with as he did in the first two games.

Its a domino effect.

Richarlison left = Bernard at 10 = Sigurdsson at 8.

Or just put Richarlison up top...

Its a domino effect.

Richarlison left = Bernard at 10 = Sigurdsson at 8.

Or just put Richarlison up top...

I don't think we can have Sigurdsson at 8, Zat. You know I'm a big fan but playing him there leaves us exposed, and I don't get this idea he has the passing range to play deeper. He's better further up the pitch. In a flat three I think he could work as his effort levels mean he'll get up and down.

Bernard has hardly ever played 10 at Shakhtar. I do think he could play there, but he seems more suited (in the PL at least) to the left, with more space to operate, especially on the counter.

The answer to then get Bernard in the team would be to move Richarlison central, as you say, but as I think @davek pointed out in another thread, Richarlison has been thriving on the left and Silva's system seems to revolve around him being in that position with freedom to roam.

He doesn’t have anything “special” to me that’s all. He’s a tremendous young athlete and that probably gives him a massive advantage at youth levels, but, he’s trying to make it in the prem. He’s skill level, compausre, finishing, touch and general awareness aren’t good enough and I don’t think they ever will be .

The Championship is full of tremendous young athletes, who lack the necessary finesse for the Premier League, which is where he will eventually end up imo.

The Championship is full of tremendous young athletes, who lack the necessary finesse for the Premier League, which is where he will eventually end up imo.

Let's hope Marco Silva develops a more encouraging management view & give leadership to our young players...

Leadership is unlocking people's potential to become better...

not true that though is it, 14 starts from what I can see, most of which would have been prior to tosun arriving which would have been our poorest spell of the season

Considering people always like to batter him with it when he’s not scoring, he played 32 league games last season.

If people are using 32 to highlight a lack of goals we’ll use 32 for the appearances he was entrusted as a forward player for us.

Considering people always like to batter him with it when he’s not scoring, he played 32 league games last season.

If people are using 32 to highlight a lack of goals we’ll use 32 for the appearances he was entrusted as a forward player for us.

We didn`t really have many options though did we, after the Koeman and Walsh axis of destruction, messed up signing a new striker, post Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.