2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like it or not Niasse and Tosun are our strikers so maybe give Tosun a decent run and see if he scores any. If the club fail to get a striker, what is the choice, apart from the hapless DCL.

Not being good at football is absolutely a fair thing to criticize him for given that he is a football player.

I'm not going to judge him on his ability at snooker.

Bit of a weird comment.

My point is he should be nowhere near starting but does due to Everton being incompetent at replacing Lukaku. We have to play someone and rather this lad than Tosun or the Sweet Prince Niasse. Harsh to give him a hard time when he’s keeping players who we’ve signed for a combined 43m out the team. Sums up the strategy of the last 3 years, or lack of.

Bit of a weird comment.

My point is he should be nowhere near starting but does due to Everton being incompetent at replacing Lukaku. We have to play someone and rather this lad than Tosun or the Sweet Prince Niasse. Harsh to give him a hard time when he’s keeping players who we’ve signed for a combined 43m out the team. Sums up the strategy of the last 3 years, or lack of.
While he plays football for us we should be free to criticize his performance as much as any other player regardless of the price it cost the club to bring him in. Once they're on the pitch I just see players not transfer values.

All three of them aren't good enough and all three of them get pelters but people only defend DCL because he seems to have found the secret to everlasting youth and potential.

I watch him every week, you’re right he’s not good enough but am certainly not gonna [Poor language removed] him when he’s giving 110% for the shirt every game either.

Again, not his fault and not fair to criticise the lad. He was 1.5m punt, only the appalling transfer policy of this club when it comes to strikers has lead us to this point. I’m sure he realises he needs to improve as well.

That’s fair comment, we all see that I think, but the lad gives his all and for that I applaud him. Hopefully by the end of the window we will have a new striker and Calvert-Lewin can try to improve without the pressure of being our number 9.
Of course it's fair to criticize him he is there to score goals whether the other fowards are good enough or not does not come into it.

DCL has had loads of chances created this pre season. He's fluffed them all

All about confidence......the lad has it just needs that kickstart of a few early season goals.....

The pace of those three would scare any premier defence top four could be a real prospect....

But we do need Zaha for that impact....

All about confidence......the lad has it just needs that kickstart of a few early season goals.....

The pace of those three would scare any premier defence top four could be a real prospect....

It wouldn't. They would play a deep line, not commit to lunging in, then force the wingers to aim for DCL who would inevitably miss. It's all been seen and done better before.

Imagine plotting a top assault with Zaha and DCL in your front 3.

A combined 16 goals from both last season, LOL.

I KARNT EVEN

He works hard and his combatitive element has certainly improved.

But he just cannot score goals consistently. The best strikers thrive on hitting the back of the net. He seems to hope he scores.

I really want him to do well here, but he is 22 and the next couple of seasons will be crucial.

Status
Not open for further replies.