2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is far more likely that we bring in another young prospect at CF to challenge or share the load with DCL, than a proven striker to push him to the bench. Tosun is not serious competition for him now, and Walcott Richarlison not for the central position. We will end up - I Hope - with another young striker for the same position, and one of them will come good. This will fit in more with the transfer policy now - don't expect any big £40m signings - I am hoping for a CF, then either Vlasic or Henry to Come back, a new GK back up, and a replacement for Jags. 3 signings.

DCL should start the season as no1 after a pre=season with a settled formation and tactics

Robinhos team was top of the league I noticed the other day, they have some LEGENDS in that side, thats for damn sure.

Robinho, Clichy, Emre, Adebayor, Turan, DEMBA BA!!!!, Gokhan Inler, you know, all those players you thought retired about 10 years ago.
Sounds like they need a Kompany at the back!

Why are people so quick to dismiss his potential? Personally I'd rather be patient and see if his performances can be improved on by himself before replacing him.
Who's dismissing his potential? The fact that he's mostly potential right now is the exact reason why he shouldn't be leading the line next season. He can continue to develop without us having to rely on him every week.

Who's dismissing his potential? The fact that he's mostly potential right now is the exact reason why he shouldn't be leading the line next season. He can continue to develop without us having to rely on him every week.

And ideally learn how to finish and anticipate situations from the amazing striker we bring in

He`ll be on the bench first game of the season, you do know that don`t you Joey ?
Not like I knew Big Sam was going - he has set this club back 12 months £27 million for Tosun ..........
couldn't score in a Brothel, but ok in a Turkish league big fish in a little pond.............. lol

They said that about Joe Royle when he first got to play no 9 not shoved out on the wing like DCL has been..............
Joey, I'd persevere with Eton Dom ...but he shouldn't be our #1 striker. Having said that, with Balding (ie Sandro) and Prince returning to FF (not to mention Rhu-endly Martina), the salient question might be 'what do we do with Hank?'

Joey, I'd persevere with Eton Dom ...but he shouldn't be our #1 striker. Having said that, with Balding (ie Sandro) and Prince returning to FF (not to mention Rhu-endly Martina), the salient question might be 'what do we do with Hank?'
I agree, but compared to Twoshins and Niasse he is our no 1 atm look at our results since he went no 9 as a CF he has everthing bar a run of goals that's needed, but the team is scoring goals DCL contributes the other two don't......

Status
Not open for further replies.