2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deluding yourself, mate. This team is having a purple patch right now but if we don't buy a top striker we will struggle to score goals. Bernard and Walcott haven't got over 5. Gueye and Gomez won't get more than a couple.

In a sense the end to this season is dangerous. People are going to think everything is is going along nicely but there are still big problems to address in our forward line.
You're deluding yourself if you think we will get Gomez........ and Zooma will be a hard buy too - Yes we need a striker - we need to get rid of Tosun, 27 million wasted, sandro 5 million but on 110,000 wages keep DCL as a back up or even in a front two Sig won't last forever either.......

You're deluding yourself if you think we will get Gomez........ and Zooma will be a hard buy too - Yes we need a striker - we need to get rid of Tosun, 27 million wasted, sandro 5 million but on 110,000 wages keep DCL as a back up or even in a front two Sig won't last forever either.......

If we don't get a striker for financial reasons then fair enough. If you think, we can go into next season with DCL as the main man then you have no right to call out the manager or complain when we are in another battle for the top ten.

If we don't get a striker for financial reasons then fair enough. If you think, we can go into next season with DCL as the main man then you have no right to call out the manager or complain when we are in another battle for the top ten.
We will get a striker, but you heard our manager we have not replaced our out, and out goal scorer since Lukaku, and they don't come cheap plus the very good ones will want champions league football - It's up to Brands to offload at least ten players in the squad, and strengthen the squad for next season ;)

But Danny who are we going to get in? bring in some competition by all means but we haven't exactly got a great track record recently of signing decent strikers, but the formula against the top sides is working at the moment, he is wreaking havoc and others are reaping the benefits to score, I really hope next year he's able extract the rise from his detractors.
The plague wreaks havoc, Calvert-Lewin is like a small dose of the 'flu.

A centre forward has to be the priority in the summer window. We need to add some goals if we are to improve our league position. I would keep DLC as back up and even play him as part of a front two at times. We need a centre forward who can finish, DLC isn't that player at the moment.

A centre forward has to be the priority in the summer window. We need to add some goals if we are to improve our league position. I would keep DLC as back up and even play him as part of a front two at times. We need a centre forward who can finish, DLC isn't that player at the moment.

I agree.

But the player we need that can finish also has to be able to do what DCL can in terms of hassling opposition defenders and linking the play.

We already have a player who can finish in Tosun. The issue is he just doesn't fit the system that Silva plays.

So it's all well and good saying we need a striker who can finish, but what DCL brings to the team at the moment is a lot more than just that (because if we were relying on him for goals we'd obviously be screwed).

An honest pro from my perspective is someone who gives his all..... not someone who wont be cute.

DCL has won a pen at anfield and had Kyle walker sent off by knowing how to play the game.

I'm talking about honest pro's as men who give their all for the club first and foremost. The opposite being the likes of lukaku, mirallas, and Williams.

Well that’s something we agree on I prefer them players too hence my dislike for Morgan and the players you have mentioned. Williams I do t think was a bad pro tho he was just old and gash

Joe Cole said Osman was the stand out player of his age group in England youth.... yet some know it alls said he wasnt good enough for Everton and Derby was his level.

DCL scored the winning goal in the world cup for England's youth.....he is highly rated by all coaches who work with him. Yes he is struggling in front of goal but some melts just wanna focus on that cos they want a marquee player to get signed.

You are obsessive about criticising him.... we are backing him in support of what we see he is offering right now. You are slating him based on what you think he can't be....... that's ridiculously negative.

I’m aware of what cole said about osman and he was technically very good it was his physicality that let him down. Was short, slow, weak and that held him back.

I’m not being negative with DCL I’m actually trying to be positive regarding the team and finishing higher in the league. He hasn’t scored goals at any level and his finishing shows why

An example of poor service to him was Friday night the crosses were poor particularly Coleman who had a good game but his crosses were, and alway have been hit and miss - particularly when he could have found DCL in the 2nd half and tried to chip the Keeper.....
The lad needs a simple goal - as I stated since he led the line our results have been A1 apart from Fulham away where he hit the post - all the players were awful that day........

Status
Not open for further replies.