2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s starting for us next season then we have zero chance of catching Man U and maybe Chelsea if they lose hazard and can’t sign players, come to think of it catching wolves probably won’t be on the cards unless the Europa effects them

You might be right. Ultimately, I’m not that bothered who slots, whether it’s him or A.N.Ewstriker.

He’s been a great signing in terms of value , and when have I said we should sign a supreme footballer? We couldn’t attract the sort of player you are accusing me of saying we should get. I said our striker needs to score if we are going to improve our league position , I would happily sacrifice some work rate for goals, it’s what we need. If you cant see that playing him is costing us points against stubborn teams like palace etc then I don’t know what you think the solution is.

United bought a supposed proven goalscorer for £90m from us.... yep. That's the sort of price you pay for that hype.

You talk like you know whats going to happen with his development.... you don't. All we know is he has improved at a rate you don't often see which bodes well.

Get over it.... he's going nowhere. We will probably buy a striker in the summer so stop wetting your trousers, you may get some Italian Alice band wearing Johnny come lately to get all "youtubed" up over..... giving it cheeky finishes with 2unlimited playing in the background....

Mate i tried to get “you tubed up” with DCL but the video lasted 20 seconds and that included showing 3 replays for each of his goals.
"Great tune... what is it? Come to Everton giovanni!!! COYB".....

You see, that's your problem.... as a football fan you need to look past YouTube kid... you should know this..... niasse looks a player on YouTube.....

You might be right. Ultimately, I’m not that bothered who slots, whether it’s him or A.N.Ewstriker.

I just don’t see how we can expect siggy and richy to improve their goal returns by the amount needed as I think they have both contributed a decent amount this season. As I think we need a fair few more goals to bridge the 18 point gap to Man U and above it’s either got to come from bernie, who I don’t think we could rely on or Gana or Gomes if he stays which again I don’t think would happen. The easiest way to increase our goals is to get a clinical striker, we have had a lot of game that we have lost or drew against teams we have played better than simply because we lack that cutting edge. DCL doesn’t have than now and most agree, I’m also of the opinion that it is a natural talent and I don’t believe he ever will score 13-15 goals regularly. So if we go into next season with him as a regular first team striker I don’t think we can expect a much better season league wise than the current one.just my opinion

You see, that's your problem.... as a football fan you need to look past YouTube kid... you should know this..... niasse looks a player on YouTube.....

Fist off I dont watch YouTube , second I’m not a kid . I think we all agree that we want Everton to improve and finish high next season correct? How can we realistically expect to do that if we have a striker that can’t score clear cut chances? He would be getting very little or zero game time at the clubs above us at the level we are trying to achieve. How can we catch superior teams with inferior players? We can’t have our chances falling to a striker that can’t finish in games against teams that park the bus as we simply don’t create enough and it costs us points .

I just don’t see how we can expect siggy and richy to improve their goal returns by the amount needed as I think they have both contributed a decent amount this season. As I think we need a fair few more goals to bridge the 18 point gap to Man U and above it’s either got to come from bernie, who I don’t think we could rely on or Gana or Gomes if he stays which again I don’t think would happen. The easiest way to increase our goals is to get a clinical striker, we have had a lot of game that we have lost or drew against teams we have played better than simply because we lack that cutting edge. DCL doesn’t have than now and most agree, I’m also of the opinion that it is a natural talent and I don’t believe he ever will score 13-15 goals regularly. So if we go into next season with him as a regular first team striker I don’t think we can expect a much better season league wise than the current one.just my opinion

I agree with most of that. I think we should (and will) get a new striker in, with the aim of adding an extra c10 goals.

We have a minor disagreement over natural talent Vs development.

Put it down to difference of opinion.

I agree with most of that. I think we should (and will) get a new striker in, with the aim of adding an extra c10 goals.

We have a minor disagreement over natural talent Vs development.

Put it down to difference of opinion.

That’s all it is mate a difference of opinion . At the moment DCL is full of “potential” and I think we could sell him for a decent sum based on that. If he stays another 2-3 years and still can’t score 1-1’s and is still crap at kicking the ball in the goal, teams won’t pay for his potential anymore and we will have wasted 2-3 years. My opinion that he won’t develop means I would prefer to cash in and put it towards the best goal scorer we can get and another young striker that has composure in front of goal.

That’s all it is mate a difference of opinion . At the moment DCL is full of “potential” and I think we could sell him for a decent sum based on that. If he stays another 2-3 years and still can’t score 1-1’s and is still crap at kicking the ball in the goal, teams won’t pay for his potential anymore and we will have wasted 2-3 years. My opinion that he won’t develop means I would prefer to cash in and put it towards the best goal scorer we can get and another young striker that has composure in front of goal.

Yeah, I wouldn’t advocate hanging onto him for 3 more years if there’s no improvement, as you’re right we’d want to get a decent fee if he moves on. He’s improved enough this season to give another year, for me.

Next season will be the decider, as he’s likely to get fewer games, and be #2 to whoever we bring in.

If we sell him this year or next and get someone in who’s clearly better - sound.

he's just not a match winner is he, can't rely on him in those tight games ie palace at the weekend

just having a quick think, out of the goals he's scored for us they have never been in tight games have they? always late consultation goals or goals in comfortable wins. can only really think of palace this season at home he got the all important goal?

Status
Not open for further replies.