2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to the boy, the two early chances were a result of his hard work and pressure. Fat lazy Rom would have never been near those two balls.

That being said, he's not built for possession. He's great when we're sitting and countering, but in a game like this we need other options at CF.

Stand by what I said. Up there with the worst strikers I've seen play for us.

Haha he's not that bad because he can be a pain in the backside for defenders but his overall ability to sniff out a chance and then take said is Championship level. We got into so many good positions today but I bet if you ask Coleman and Digne there was absolutely nothing in every time.

Frustrating but plenty of positives. Clean sheet yet again without the need to park the bus. Total domination by defence and midfield, but couldn't break down a mass defence again. Shows we need the clinical striker that we haven't had since Rom as today would have been a romp IMO. I am slightly frustrated but not at all disappointed. Good display barring attack despite hitting the post twice and a great save from Tosun effort.

I missed the first 5 mins, just seen the “highlights “ wtf ? Clean through on goal, shocking touch, tripped over the ball a bit then a crap, weak shot straight in the middle of the goal. That is DCL in a nutshell. @pedro1976 that is why you need a clinical striker . Fair enough he worked hard and played well against arse, Man U , Chelsea but he has cost us points against palace and Fulham in the same time period .

Status
Not open for further replies.