2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not many are asking for him to be sold or sent our on loan anymore. That should tell you enough about his development and work ethic, really.
Goals or no, he’s helping our team a lot. I dont think we could have pulled off our recent results with Richy or Tosun up front.

He's been brilliant in the main lately.

We need another striker. Someone who has Dom's tenacity but imo just a bit more of a clinical nature. They aren't easy to find, obviously.

That's to compete with Dom. Not necessarily replace him.

It's a shame it doesn't seem like it'll work out for Cenk, cause I reckon he's still our best finisher at the club. But if we want to challenge we need another striker in. Whether Cenk stays or goes then is kind of by the by.

Not many are asking for him to be sold or sent our on loan anymore. That should tell you enough about his development and work ethic, really.
Goals or no, he’s helping our team a lot. I dont think we could have pulled off our recent results with Richy or Tosun up front.
Completely agree but I also don’t think he’s good enough yet to be counted on to lead the line next season. Great as an option but not the main man just yet. Would he be getting meaningful minutes for any team in the top 6? No. Folks saying he’s as good as Rom are being silly.

He's been fine. He's shown promise and has a great combination of height and pace.

However, we have to do better. DCL can still develop, still have a role. Its not a shot at him.

No, I dont think every single number 9 in the world has to be Harry Kane.

I think once his composure improves everything else will come. I think hes got quite good technical skills myself anyway.

What technical skills do you think he has, he can’t pass, turn quickly with the ball, dribble , or shoot .

Eton Dom's general play is very good.. But I don't think, as a primary slotter, Eton Dom's ever going to tear up trees...
But he's better than Hank. Hank runs as if he's wading through treacle.

If he is then I hope everyone is happy with 7th place finishes

You're basing that on the premise he doesn't improve. He has already shown he has the capability to improve, at this point it's just a matter of seeing where his ceiling is.

You may be right and he may never be prolific, he has something to offer though and everyone agrees we need another striker.

Just give the lad a chance, he's earned it.

What technical skills do you think he has, he can’t pass, turn quickly with the ball, dribble , or shoot .
His first touch and hold up play are very good, his movement is dragging central defenders all over the place, it’s no coincidence that Siggy and Richarlison are getting so much space, and he times his jumps fairly well. That is a fair old bit of teckers to be going on with.
Oh I agree by the way, he is not the finished article yet and he does need to gain composure when through on goal, but, barring serious injury i think this boy is going to be a very good centre forward.

Marcos Bent wasn’t prolific by any means but he was a vital team cog.

There’s a value in that.
He was, but he was also one of the reasons we hit some very poor runs of form during his spell, because we didn’t carry enough threat.

I’ve been really impressed with DCL’s improvement this season, and I’ve said before even if he never gets any better he’s a good squad player for us to have for years. Goals really are important though. He doesn’t need to be prolific, but he needs to become a bit more of a threat if he’s going to be first choice striker for a team looking to be higher than eighth. Being a nuisance against the top sides is great, but you’ve got to be bagging in the games where we’re actually on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.