2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compare and contrast with Jesus, the City forward . A little bloke who has a tremendous ability
to find space off the centre-half, make the run and therefore present a through ball opportunity
for a midfielder. C-L runs around but it is chasing not creative.

Anyway, he has a chance to nail the spot if he performs well until the end of the season. I doubt he can.

Imagine Gabriel Jesus in our team though.

The kids getting rave reviews in the media tonight and everyone is slaughtering him in here.

There are those who are involved in professional football, there are those who are not but believe they know better. And there are those of us who appreciate the knowledge of those involved in professional football.

There are those who are involved in professional football, there are those who are not but believe they know better. And there are those of us who appreciate the knowledge of those involved in professional football.

Several of those picked Cuco Martina.

Im' so bored of our group of young players getting trashed. Please please think of this as their first season and imagine they have 35 games less than they have

the BFS, end of Koeman era do not count, where there were no tactics and no mentoring i assume. We have to assume tht Marcel Brands and Silva have more coaching and development plans for them so give them till middle of next season - one year from now.

Imagine Gabriel Jesus in our team though.

...whilst he’s fine for City who play keep ball and pass their way through defences, if he played for us I fear the ball would be coming back to us lots.

Last night might have been DCLs best game for us, he was a live wire and very competitive all match. The problem is, he doesn’t carry a threat. I’m sure he will carry more of a threat in the future, but I doubt he’ll ever be a major goalscoring threat. A very useful player to have in the squad, though.

...whilst he’s fine for City who play keep ball and pass their way through defences, if he played for us I fear the ball would be coming back to us lots.

Last night might have been DCLs best game for us, he was a live wire and very competitive all match. The problem is, he doesn’t carry a threat. I’m sure he will carry more of a threat in the future, but I doubt he’ll ever be a major goalscoring threat. A very useful player to have in the squad, though.
God help us if that was considered his best performance

Rooney was a phenom, handful of players ever are that good at 16/17, Pele, Ronaldo(R9) prob others but it's a very short list, if that's what standard you are holding the academy to, you're in for disappointment.

There are plenty of players between 17-20 that showed a lot.

Owen
Fowler
Milner
Alan Smith ffs
Kewell
Barkley has a great debut ( QPR)
That Chelsea winger going to beyern
Sancho
Walcott
Bale

There are heaps

Not as good as the ones you have mentioned but compared to Dominic they are light years ahead and they didn’t even make it to the level you are talking about

...I actually gave him my MoM, but we all see games differently. I imagine those City CBs will have known they were in a game last night.
Doubt it, in the first 10 minutes maybe but after that they were as comfortable as you'd like, he did no more than run around like a lost puppy, little to no quality on show from him. No hold up or link up play and at one point he managed to kick a ball out of play for a throw in under absolutely no pressure because his touch was so poor

Status
Not open for further replies.