2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly I have finally come round to that way of thinking.

Same here.
For the last couple of seasons he has been mediocre at best and as much as I want him to do well when his chance has come to step up he has been well......mediocre.
Being stuck out on the left wing for the majority of his games in the past probably hasn't done him many favours but the Millwall game showed us where he is or isn't in his development as a PL player. Feel a bit sorry for the lad as he's obviously spent a lot of time in the gym and his legs don't look like knots in cotton anymore but he should be making the most out of his opportunities, and the FA cup was a perfect stage for him to do that.
Not good enough.........sadly.

For me he’s just not good enough, he doesn’t hold the ball up well enough and doesn’t score any decent amount of goals. He’s only starting because he runs a bit, which at the moment he isn’t doing anything of the sort.

For me he’s just not good enough, he doesn’t hold the ball up well enough and doesn’t score any decent amount of goals. He’s only starting because he runs a bit, which at the moment he isn’t doing anything of the sort.
Tosun scored but what else did he contribute when coming on ? Sig who again had a howler played a ball through with the keeper out of position I would have scored that.......
DCL is faster , and gets stuck in with little support ......
It's strange they both score when coming on as subs.....

When you have a player you're confident can hold up the ball,you can make runs beyond him.We have needed that type of player for a long time.Sadly DCL has shown he isn't it.

The header is messed up that delph put in his own goal, the header from 5 yards out last week, his flick ons go to nobody and he fouls more than he should. But apparently one of the best in the league?

His HEADING is world class, everything else however is subpar. He has only scored two goals with his feet in over a year now in the PL.

Basically if we're not playing two wingers that can actually cross the ball as well as Bernard then it's very much a waste having DCL upfront. He simply put doesn't score (or challenge) the GK with his feet, nor does he linkup well enough to allow the rest of our front 4 to excel. Overall he's a liability, detrimental to the team in every aspect barring heading.

I have no problem bringing him on as a supersub in the dying minutes of a match, but you can pretty much guarantee if he starts we're going to play like crap.

I think he's a great all round player, but not an out and out striker. Stick him in a 4-4-2 and I think he'd be great.

....I guarantee the City CBs will chat on the coach going home and know they’ve been in a game. From a sprint beyond them in the first minute to challenging and winning most headers. Just a pity runners didn’t gamble to get beyond him, but he’s given the best around a real challenge and he needs to progress from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.