Does our position flatter us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungle

Player Valuation: £90m
Just thinking about our start to the season, have we used up all our luck in the opening fixtures and are we at the start of the decline?

Spurs we caught off guard when they looked sluggish.

We were looking poor and like we'd be in trouble against West Brom and were helped by the sending off.

Very lucky to get a pen against Palace and lucky to escape with a point against Liverpool.

We could easily be sat on 3-5 points and it feels like the result today was coming when we're now on a run of games that we should be picking up decent points on.

I guess time will tell but it just felt a bit predictable today.

Yes but it is what it was a good start, you can't read any more into it until around 10-15 'games. Looks like it is going to get bumpy and we will back competing around the EL places in the top ten where I expected us to be

Just thinking about our start to the season, have we used up all our luck in the opening fixtures and are we at the start of the decline?

Spurs we caught off guard when they looked sluggish.

We were looking poor and like we'd be in trouble against West Brom and were helped by the sending off.

Very lucky to get a pen against Palace and lucky to escape with a point against Liverpool.

We could easily be sat on 3-5 points and it feels like the result today was coming when we're now on a run of games that we should be picking up decent points on.

I guess time will tell but it just felt a bit predictable today.
One defeat our side looks weak in certain positions - today was a very bad day at the office - never got thrashed 7-2 though .......

If we can get James on the pitch for at least 30 games, we might have a shot at the top 4. If we can’t, we’ve no chance.

I don’t think we’ve looked particularly great in any game yet, which is both a good and a bad thing. It’s a really good sign that we’ve had enough to win games where we’ve looked a bit flaky, which isn’t often the case with Everton, but the flip side is that there’s a good chance your luck runs out when that’s the case, and ours did today. The league position flatters us in that we’re definitely not the best team in the country, but it’s been a hell of a start to the season and they’ve given me plenty to be optimistic about.

Still think players need time to gel, we have pretty much a new midfield, would be happy if we finished top 8

Status
Not open for further replies.