does everton have a problem with toxic fans??

is there a toxic fan problem at the everton??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have had this feeling over many decades of watching us, that if we were a top 6 side every year with a sniff of a chance of top 4 the toxic obviously wouldn't be as bad as is now. The fans arn,t to blame. It's the ones who buy the wrong( bad language removed ) players.!

Have had this feeling over many decades of watching us, that if we were a top 6 side every year with a sniff of a chance of top 4 the toxic obviously wouldn't be as bad as is now. The fans arn,t to blame. It's the ones who buy the wrong( bad language removed ) players.!
let me have a quick check in the vaults buddy before u exonerate urself that easy.
**goes back just one week**
Sidebe ? Always said he was a terrible player. So slow and no football brain. Not quick enough for the prem.
I agree! He's a "good striker" and that's it. My opinion- If you have been watching Everton since 1956 like I have, he is well down at the bottom of the strikers we've had. Let's go from the 80,s - Sharp - Andy Gray - Latchford -Lineker - Big Duncan - Lukaku ( couldnt take to the lazy side to his play ) DCL is NOT and never will be as good for Everton as these.
Big money needed main priority for a out and out finishing striker. Or we,re going nowhere.

oh buddy.

let me have a quick check in the vaults buddy before u exonerate urself that easy.

oh buddy.

giphy.gif

Today's society of instant gratification expectations has created generations that now see it as normal to anonymously spew venom at anyone. The keyboard warrior is behind many of the toxic "fans" who try to release their frustration at their own inadequacies by directing Ill-educated abuse at anyone that they may choose.

Sit these brave people face to face with any of the players that they excoriate from the stands, and let's see if they are prepared to repeat their childish rantings on a one to one basis to the face of their target.

Today's society of instant gratification expectations has created generations that now see it as normal to anonymously spew venom at anyone. The keyboard warrior is behind many of the toxic "fans" who try to release their frustration at their own inadequacies by directing Ill-educated abuse at anyone that they may choose.

Sit these brave people face to face with any of the players that they excoriate from the stands, and let's see if they are prepared to repeat their childish rantings on a one to one basis to the face of their target.

This is what I hate about it all, being anonymous has taken the respect out of the way we treat each other. Most people are out for themselves and would chuck anyone not in their close circle under a bus or abuse the life out of them and some even do it to those closest to them. Society is not better for anti-social media.

Don,t think you fully understood my quote! Have been passionate about this club for decades but since the eras of Koeman Martinez and Silva,have the fans been happy? No.! I blame the people at the top who make the decisions both manager and player recruitment. Because most of the players brought in were not good enough for this club. That's what disatifies the fans the most. A club this big SHOULD be top 6 every year and if we were and pushing for top 4 the fans heads wouldn't be all over the place like they are now.

oh buddy.

Fans are beaten down and starved of success, that's why it's so great having Ancelotti, someone to really believe in.

Fans are beaten down and starved of success, that's why it's so great having Ancelotti, someone to really believe in.
Agree we need a quality manager as we have BUT! it will be a while, maybe 3 transfer windows for a clear out and then buy big money players. But with ffp and new stadium in mind, I do worry about the timescale to make a big improvement.

Ancelotti will help remove the toxic state of the fans. A great manager ,needs a season to sort out the wheat from the chaff. Once the results start coming,everyone looks forward to the games.

Great post. Sums it up perfectly.

When you get media sources like charlie nicholas who spit nonsense like this its hardly suprising (talking about us since carlo took over), they asked of he was suprised at the turn around. Cretin

"Yes. I cannot deny that. I have seen Everton four times since he took over. I cannot say I was overly impressed by the way they played. I saw them at West Ham where they got a draw, but I do not know how they got that. They got a point at home to Newcastle too and they got away with that. "

It's heartening when younger supporters illustrate some of the negativity directed against emerging players. The toxicity has always existed though.

Goodison is a cauldron, a forge. It will make or break you. Great players emerge under such circumstances.

The players are paid very well, wages that most people will never see. They deserve to be but, there was a time when the discrepancy was closer. They were one of us. Those times have gone.

The divide between the player and the supporter widens. Wages have stalled, pisses people off. Player wages have increased exponentially. Rolling Bentley's and Ferrari's while we shop at Aldi's, We ain't talking Tommy Lawton and Alan Ball here.

Established players brought in on high wages and transfer fees. They deserve ire when their standards slip. Players brought through the academy deserve patience and leeway. Agreed.

Evertonians have very high expectations. Steve McMahon came through, he was head and shoulders on the pitch, he got a lot of abuse. It made him a better player. Galvanized him, made him tough. Ultimately, that's what we like. Hard, competitive, aggressive ball players with a steely edge.

Scythe a forest and play a through ball that would make Messi gasp and Evertonians will make you a god.

look at the ghouls infecting every thread today taking almost delight in a poor result and consider if they are too part of the problem buddies. an absence of calm heads means every adversity turns into a crisis v quickly. toxic.

Status
Not open for further replies.