Do you drink in The Brick with all the other scruffy ASBOs?

Are you a racist?

• Yes

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • No

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • They shouldn't be getting tickets, lad

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Special fried rice on toast.

Votes: 16 19.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tickets should be digital. People wouldn’t buy them and lend their phone to a person who bought the ticket from them. Would help ensure credits go against people who attend the games
That’s not how digital tickets work mate. It’s probably even easier to transfer digital tickets than it is paper tickets.

We have a ticket exchange on this forum that has enabled me to take my 8 year old son to an away game this season. He is now , despite living near a team that plays much better football much more of a blue than before.
Would it have been better if our seats were empty?
Not everyone can afford to travel up to Goodison all the time. This sort of thing is ludicrous.
We aren't Luton town, Everton have a vast international support. That's something to be celebrated.

To be honest its not uncommon sentiment even here. There was recently a picture of some people that appeared Asian at Anfield and plenty of blues jumped on pointing fingers at them not being local or whatever and using that as a stick to beat the reds with.
Next time any of you bemoan the wools, do be mindful where you draw the line on who should be at the games and what kind of narrative you're reinforcing.
There's a difference between slagging the RS off about Norwegians or other tourist fans with iphones out the whole game and using a disgusting racial slur.
Makes me worry about what might happen if we were any good.

To be honest its not uncommon sentiment even here. There was recently a picture of some people that appeared Asian at Anfield and plenty of blues jumped on pointing fingers at them not being local or whatever and using that as a stick to beat the reds with.
Next time any of you bemoan the wools, do be mindful where you draw the line on who should be at the games and what kind of narrative you're reinforcing.
Theres a world of difference between "Show us your Ipad" and racially abusing people mate.

And yes, we have a go at Big Red about Norway and them being customers, but thats just banter, again, racism is very different from banter.

Theres a world of difference between "Show us your Ipad" and racially abusing people mate.

And yes, we have a go at Big Red about Norway and them being customers, but thats just banter, again, racism is very different from banter.
It is different but would the tweet have been acceptable without the racist rhyme? Not for me. Its looking at someone and judging their worthiness to be where they are by their race. Its not on.

It is different but would the tweet have been acceptable without the racist rhyme? Not for me. Its looking at someone and judging their worthiness to be where they are by their race. Its not on.
If he just had a go at WOOLS going the game, there wouldnt be a thread on here and nobody would really care mate.

IMO.

I was born in Liverpool but have grown up in the midlands and supported Everton from afar for over 30 years now. I feel a bit like an outsider when I travel up to goodison. I have no idea why I chose Everton. It was either Everton or Liverpool based on place of birth and for some unknown reason I chose the blues. Ridiculous decision in hindsight but I wouldn’t have it any other way. [Poor language removed] like “super bloos in crowd” etc makes me feel alienated however. Surely anyone who choose to support Everton should be welcomed? I mean, why, why would anyone choose Everton if they didn’t have to? Love all blues me. Solidarity in a state of footballing purgatory.

People in todays society Malfosse will often choose to be offended when and where it suits them.

Tens of thousands of EFC fans be it in person or online will laugh at LFC's local season ticket numbers being low and point towards them being "out of towners" is that prejudicial ?

Many of us have at one point called the RS "Norwegians" or "Scandinavians" is that not xenophobic in nature ?

I have often viewed retweeted imagery on social media and on GOT of the Kop on match day being full of Chinese fans recording the game on their Ipads, we all know the undertone intended with that right ?

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

From what I had seen earlier, my judgement of the situation for what its worth is that this man or woman is of the outdated belief of football clubs solely serving its local community.

In essence, the tweet is born not from racism, but from the nostalgic view held by many local football fans of how football is, i.e. for the local, working class labour voting man who sits in the same seat that his dad and grandad both sat in.

I dont think that makes it racist, anti middle class or anti tory/lib dem - its just the football equivalent of the older generation who harp on about the "good old days" in sadness as they witness how society changes/evolves.

Football is currently evolving and often local fans feel cut off from the club they grew up supporting.

You have clubs like Fulham building a swimming pool into their stand to attract wealthy tourists, clubs like Utd, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool are essentially tourist attractions these days. Many Man City fans who once laughed at Utd for having tons of supporters from down South now are in the same boat as local fans start to feel the pinch with increased games/ticket prices.

We should therefore not jump to dangerous and potentially libellous conclusions and allow for further evidence to be collated before we exercise judgement on the author of the tweet.

The author does however (in my opinion) need to remove the picture and apologise to the supporter involved.
You're far preferable when waffling crap about spiritualism and climbing up Rafael Benitez's hoop for reasons you only know.

Stop being a tit.

If he just had a go at WOOLS going the game, there wouldnt be a thread on here and nobody would really care mate.

IMO.
I certainly wouldn't have headed to tw@tter to have a pop at the neanderthal.
It's bad enough enduring being an evertonian atm, I want no part of being associated with a racist or his little band of backward pals who happen to support the same club.

I certainly wouldn't have headed to tw@tter to have a pop at the neanderthal.
It's bad enough enduring being an evertonian atm, I want no part of being associated with a racist or his little band of backward pals who happen to support the same club.
Dear 'the brick' my favourite film is 'enter the dragon' and I once enjoyed a Cantonese spiced dish, if I beg for mercy may I become on of your peons and come along on one of your subsidized hate missions please.

Yours truly, a. hitler.

Status
Not open for further replies.