Do we really need that much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a mentality change more than players in my mind. That being said, my wish list in order of importance would be:

1. A striker that can reliably deliver 15+ goals. Tosun has looked ok, but we need competition/injury cover. We never replaced Lukaku.
2. A commanding CB (I don't think that Keane has the mentality at all)
3. A box-to-box midfielder who can sit and spray a good pass most of the time (to compliment Gana)
4. Another winger to replace Bolasie...someone who actually likes to stay wide some of the time

We should trim the squad in midfield and put Siggy/Vlasic as #10's and ditch Rooney (he has been ok, but we need to be getting Siggy where he should be).
Agree on the needs, but I would personally reverse your list completely:

1. Winger- Take a look at what Walcott has provided since coming in, it has been immense, we are sorely lacking that ability on the other wing and imo is the biggest glaring hole in the squad, and it's affected Baines' ability to get forward as well.
2. Midfield- since Barry left it has been dreadful, Schneiderlin a huge disappointment. Davies wants to play up the pitch too much to fill this role and Beni isn't ready for a full time load.
3. CB- Keane, Funes Mori, and Holgate are a nice group but agreed on a more commanding CB.
4. Striker- Tosun looks to me like he can finish if given decent service, competition/backup is a luxury imo compared to the other needs, Niasse can put a shift in off the bench and I still like DCL.

I agree on Rooney, it feels weird for a team lacking in goals to want to ditch their top scorer but as long as he's here he'll be played- can't see him being happy off the bench regularly.

But the biggest need that doesn't even need to be mentioned is a quality manager with ambition, backing, and a plan.

..it depends on our ambition and it depends on how we want to play. The answer is no if we are content with mid-table mediocrity, beating the struggling teams and getting beaten by the big boys.

The answer is yes if we want to join the top of the table party with a team that is defensively strong yet carries a continual threat, even against the best teams.

Pickford, Coleman, Gueye, Walcott and Sigurdsson might get game time in a more ambitious set-up.

..it depends on our ambition and it depends on how we want to play. The answer is no if we are content with mid-table mediocrity, beating the struggling teams and getting beaten by the big boys.

The answer is yes if we want to join the top of the table party with a team that is defensively strong yet carries a continual threat, even against the best teams.

Pickford, Coleman, Gueye and Sigurdsson might get game time in a more ambitious set-up.
Just delete that second paragraph mate. This is Everton.

Inappropriate Language
We need to get rid of the shithouses that are beaten before they even get on the pitch against a so called big team.

Back up keeper
Starting quality CB possibly 2
back up right back
Left back capable of starting
Centre mid box to box
Left winger
Striker

That’s the minimum requirement imo

Then get shut off
Sandro
Williams
Funes mori
Robles
Bolasie
Niasse
Rooney (I wish)
Schneiderlin probably playing for a move
Mirallas
Klassen if we could recoup a decent bit of the fee . But I really wish he got a chance

That’s what I’d like but I highly doubt either the ins or out I’d like will be more than a few of each at best .

We need three outstanding players. Doesn't really matter what positions they play, they just need to come in and immediately be our three best players.

Starting eleven players ONLY to come in this summer:

GK: Pickford
RB: Coleman
LB: NEW (Baines to backup)
CB: NEW
CB: NEW
DM: Gueye
CM: Sigurdsson
CM: NEW
RW: Walcott
LW: NEW
ST: NEW (Tosun to backup)

That’s 6 new players in the summer. Players for NOW. Not future potential players, but ones who are better than the players who are currently starting.

Filling the gaps from #1 with better players would probably guarantee us 8th or 9th, but comfortably.

I think if the board is genuine about making us challengers for top spots, then it could be a 2 or 3 year job with an almost total clear out as our current players are NOT good enough.

left back, left footed centre back, box to box centre mid (someone other than davies who actually wants the ball turns and plays it forward) left winger. upgrade tosun if we can

squads already bloated dont need to add too much to it , wouldnt bother with a new keeper as stek and whoever is playing for u23's can replace joel
Remove Ashley Williams and the 'bloatedness' of the squad reduces exponentially

Status
Not open for further replies.