2019/20 Djibril Sidibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monster of a player...perfectly suited to the premier league. No brainer signing in the summer for a ridiculous feee compares to what we have paid in recent times for average players.

I just want to point out in the middle of everyone going crazy over his performance that while he worked his socks off and got an assist which is good, he also had very little defensive awareness and basically allowed every decent attack down his side by not tracking people. That will cost us down the line.

He's a very exciting player but unfortunately that's not always good for a defender.

Superb but really shows that he needs the right player in front of him. He does leave gaps but equally he creates goalscoring chances and runs everywhere winning tackles with superb aggression. I'm a fan.

If we still had Gueye to cover in behind he could be scary. Unfortunately to get the absolute most out of him I think we need a new DM and some better centrehalves

Amazing going forward...tactically poor defensively...

Up and down performances and massively inconsistent...

On the fence with him

Don't want to take anything away from him as I thought he was brilliant today, epitomised the team with his energy and commitment.

However am I the only one who thinks it a bit weird how he can be brilliant one week (Southampton away, and today) and utterly terrible some others (Norwich, Liverpool). Hopefully we can get some consistency out of him, but again, very well played today.

Status
Not open for further replies.