2019/20 Djibril Sidibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he doesn't get a run out in the next two games, I think it's safe to say we won't be getting him on a permanent deal.

Not sure how I feel about that as he's the best right-sided crosser of the ball we have. Matty Cash, Diogo Dalot maybe?
Feel good about it.

Giving him a permanent deal would be the easy thing for us to do and thankfully I think we won't on this occasion, because maybe lessons have been learnt.

It seems pretty obvious that there is a poor attitude amongst some of our current players, and if you give a deal to someone who is average and took a game so seriously he forgot to put his sock on and be match ready you aren't doing yourself any favours. I'm pretty sure Ancelotti's mind was made up about him in that moment.

If he was our player I would have no issue with him staying. As he is not our player I don't think we should sign him, does that make any sense?

His loan deal has been fine and worked OK generally for us. I think we can get better value elsewhere though.

Keeping him for another season or bringing back Kenny is just a band aid.

Im not against it, cos we have far more pressing needs, but in an ideal world we get better.

Sadly this is not an ideal world and needs must.

Doubt Monaco will agree to another loan, he's available for 13m and for a player of his quality going forward its nothing money, he would certainly provide an attacking outlet to most sides.

I think he is probably spending his last week in Liverpool.
Since the restart he seems to have drifted further from the managers plans and I doubt we will spend scarce resources in signing him permanently.

I don't know much about Dalot at Utd but I don't believe that any young player should be discounted as they can improve with age and experience.
Chelsea let Lukaku, Salah and De Bruyne leave as young players and they turned out alright.

I think he is probably spending his last week in Liverpool.
Since the restart he seems to have drifted further from the managers plans and I doubt we will spend scarce resources in signing him permanently.

I don't know much about Dalot at Utd but I don't believe that any young player should be discounted as they can improve with age and experience.
Chelsea let Lukaku, Salah and De Bruyne leave as young players and they turned out alright.

Watched a bit of Dalot last night.

He looks a very decent player.

Kept out the side by Wan Bissaka who isn't the worst player in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.