Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Starting to struggle a bit, think I absolutely need to go back on some medicine. The summers for some reason always tend to be hard for me, not sure why, but I always seem to find the days extra long and hard to enjoy. Least that's the case with too many days.

Work is work, hard but better than other places and there no issues really other than feeling ground down. I've used no holidays in the 11 months I've been there, missed only one day in that time. I think maybe I just badly need a break. I've got some saved up so I think I need to use them ASAP.

Any encouraging words would be gratefully

Starting to struggle a bit, think I absolutely need to go back on some medicine. The summers for some reason always tend to be hard for me, not sure why, but I always seem to find the days extra long and hard to enjoy. Least that's the case with too many days.

Work is work, hard but better than other places and there no issues really other than feeling ground down. I've used no holidays in the 11 months I've been there, missed only one day in that time. I think maybe I just badly need a break. I've got some saved up so I think I need to use them ASAP.

Any encouraging words would be gratefully received.
I think it's important to be able to enjoy your job mate. You spend the majority of your life there.
Take a week off to enjoy the Euros and recharge the batteries. Also book a doctor's appointment for a chat about your Medication.
A walk with my music blasting sorts my head out as well.

Don’t know how many people here follow the journalist Yashar but he is struggling at the moment and being very open about it. He has found some comfort from sharing and it will hopefully help others too that are going through a dark patch know that they are not alone.

A follow up. Cross fingers Yashar has brighter days ahead as do all reading this who are struggling x

Take some time off. Have a break, relax. You sound like you need some time away from work to just chill.

Take some time for yourself, you deserve it.

Really struggling with loneliness and battling with my regrets. My main fear is that I can’t change things enough to make any difference, and I’m therefore just doomed to repeat the same mistakes and live a lonely and unfulfilled life.

Really struggling with loneliness and battling with my regrets. My main fear is that I can’t change things enough to make any difference, and I’m therefore just doomed to repeat the same mistakes and live a lonely and unfulfilled life.
Sorry to hear this. You can always change things - one step at a time and it will get better. Might not seem like that now but it will. Be nice to yourself.

Referring to your post prior, it seems like you've had a rough time of it recently, to say the least. I defy anyone to go through what you've been through and not have a similarly bleak outlook.

If I may drop a MASSIVE cliché on you: Time is a great healer. Indulge yourself in the short term, in whatever comforts you, but know that you'll gain perspective as time goes on and things will start to look rosier by degrees.

You'll get there, mate, and in the meantime we're all here if you need to vent.

Referring to your post prior, it seems like you've had a rough time of it recently, to say the least. I defy anyone to go through what you've been through and not have a similarly bleak outlook.

If I may drop a MASSIVE cliché on you: Time is a great healer. Indulge yourself in the short term, in whatever comforts you, but know that you'll gain perspective as time goes on and things will start to look rosier by degrees.

You'll get there, mate, and in the meantime we're all here if you need to vent.
Good post Brett. Wolv Blue, I've had them thoughts buddy. I've made some howlers and I've got many regrets. But try if you can to make new memories, can you add to your life, I'm sure as well as the regrets, you have some wonderful memories. Cherish those but you can't undo your mistakes. You've made them and your in a very negative mind set. This mind set of negativity is holding you back. You CAN move on, it's for OTHER people to judge whether or not your worthy of friendship, not you. Be yourself with people, be honest and then let people judge. Do you volunteer, have you thought about the possibility of supporting someone else, a vulnerable person who needs someone like you in their lives. My biggest pick me up often comes from helping people, it gives you self esteem, gives you the feeling of being worth something. You have a lot to give, to offer, and during the course of helping people, you will meet new people. You are doing yourself down and I think it's a waste that someone like you are so low that your life is worthless. It's not. You just need to give yourself a chance and let other people be the judge of that. Someone out there wolv blue there are people who will need you in their lives, be dependent on you, and that my friend I guarantee, will lift your spirits. So come on fella, give yourself a chance. If your not ready to put yourself " out there ", seek help. Tell friends, family how low you are, there are people out there who WANT to help, and there are people out there believe it or not, who will need help from people just like you. Take care m8

Paul I think you know already mate. When your busy all the time, you get to a stage - at least I do - when you think " is this it, day in day out?". You need a break m8, where you think of nothing but mundane, inane rubbish. Doing the simple things. Nice walks, visiting new places, nice food and wine, good company. A time to " not think " but to react. The Japanese have done loads of research on work, its associated problems etc. There is great research suggesting getting substantial breaks from work increases " productivity " and improves the mental health of the worker. I swim, go for walks and lose myself in the cinema, eat nice food and catch up with people. There no rewards for running yourself into the ground and stressing yourself. Be good to yourself and loved ones. Take care buddy.

Really sorry you are feeling this way at the moment. You mention your main fear but that’s all it is a fear that you can’t change things. We are all held back to a certain extent by fear and it can be difficult to meet it head on but take things one step at a time you will be able to make a change. Wishing you all the best.

Been really struggling lately, have my birthday on Tuesday, and it’ll be my second one since losing my grandmother (though my last one I didn’t feel it as much as it was still raw and lost a few friends over this year. Doesn’t help that I’m currently feeling like I’m not a priority for person I’m dating. Got a few weeks booked off work after today though so I think I’m just gonna try and take some time to see a load of my friends and family while I’m off

Been really struggling lately, have my birthday on Tuesday, and it’ll be my second one since losing my grandmother (though my last one I didn’t feel it as much as it was still raw and lost a few friends over this year. Doesn’t help that I’m currently feeling like I’m not a priority for person I’m dating. Got a few weeks booked off work after today though so I think I’m just gonna try and take some time to see a load of my friends and family while I’m off
Happy birthday for Tuesday, mate!

Spending time with friends and family sounds like a great idea. It's easy and understandable to get yourself down thinking about who isn't here to celebrate these landmark days with you, but when you can remind yourself who IS there and get lost in their company for a little while it can make things that little bit easier for you.

As for the relationship issue, I'm no expert on such matters but it sounds like the only real solution there - however awkward it may feel - is to talk to them.

Good luck with it all and enjoy your day!