Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I haven’t been on the site much within the past 3 months but the offer still stands I’m for anyone that needs anyone to talk to, guidance on where to look, or just a buddy. Worked in the mental health field for over 2 years and have decent understanding of various things. I am more than happy to find outlets for you, do some research or even find a counselor in your area. Please reach out to me in PM form. I also have a variety of other media apps! Thanks everyone and UTFT!

Cheers mate.

Second week going as smooth as the first.

Incredible difference in workplace atmosphere in Dublin HQ compared with the provincial office where that man rules with a rod of intimidation and bullying.

So happy after 4 years of misery thank God.
Doubles on Blue. What a 2nd half. Up the Wee Hoops.

A young lad rang me today for advice. Working 2 years in similar area, although he has two ranks between him and my "friend ".

Nonetheless, he has 'had his fill' and wants transfer.

This is a bright lad and a very good officer, who used to work in one of my former Divisions albeit I had moved on when he was there. He loved working there but hates where he is now.

It is true that where there is evidence of poor morale, look at the top, as that is where the tone is set.

Hopefully he will get out, but it will probably take some time.

Terrible how one or two controlling, power-obsessed individuals can ruin a workplace.

Hi mate, what do you mean by approved?
Danny CBD use and its benefits are very subjective. It's use - I don't think has been officially " approved" due to the lack of reputable trials etc. It is known to be excellent for arthritis - which I have - and sleep and anxiety. There are side effects, dry mouth pack of appetite however if I was going to start using it, I would take it orally for two nights - three days apart and see how you get on. If it works great but it can be quite expensive. There is loads and I mean loads of evidence for cannabis use leading to drug induced psychosis, but this is CBD and not cannabis, so psychosis is not anything to worry about. If it works why not use it, I said to my missus a long time ago, I'd rather the kids use cannabis than alcohol. No brainer for me. Im teaching the converted I know so forgive me but, I will close by saying that drug use is used for many reasons. One girl I used to work with said cocain and not her meds or therapy - was the only thing that took her thoughts about her sex abuse as a child away. Who was I or anybody to tell people to stop taking drugs if for them, it works. I think if you can, inform and educate people and leave them to make a choice. Once again sorry for preaching but it really is a very subjective topic. Cheers and stay safe.

Danny CBD use and its benefits are very subjective. It's use - I don't think has been officially " approved" due to the lack of reputable trials etc. It is known to be excellent for arthritis - which I have - and sleep and anxiety. There are side effects, dry mouth pack of appetite however if I was going to start using it, I would take it orally for two nights - three days apart and see how you get on. If it works great but it can be quite expensive. There is loads and I mean loads of evidence for cannabis use leading to drug induced psychosis, but this is CBD and not cannabis, so psychosis is not anything to worry about. If it works why not use it, I said to my missus a long time ago, I'd rather the kids use cannabis than alcohol. No brainer for me. Im teaching the converted I know so forgive me but, I will close by saying that drug use is used for many reasons. One girl I used to work with said cocain and not her meds or therapy - was the only thing that took her thoughts about her sex abuse as a child away. Who was I or anybody to tell people to stop taking drugs if for them, it works. I think if you can, inform and educate people and leave them to make a choice. Once again sorry for preaching but it really is a very subjective topic. Cheers and stay safe.
Completely understand.
You can buy CBD in health stores like Holland and Barrett’s but I didn’t realise it hadn’t been approved.

I bought a bottle last week to help with my anxiety and sleep issues and for me, it’s been like a magic medicine. It’s helped me enormously.

like you said, everyone is different though.

Is this ongoing lockdown stuff not getting to anyone else? I feel like I can't bear it anymore. There's nothing to look forward to.
Yeah I think it seems much harder this time. The 1st time weather was good I could get busy outside, kids could play in the garden, gardens were all done, started growing veg, even though I don't eat veg just easier to fill the days, but now weather rubbish we're stuck inside it's like jail you get fed up watching TV, it's soul destroying this time-much tougher on the kids this time too. In summer it was nearly a physical adjustment to keep us busy but now it's a mental adjustment to keep busy which is much, much harder.

I’m seeing many more people out walking now mate, even when the weather isn’t too good.

People just need to get out and clear their heads.
Ebay has some cheap waterproof fleece clothing for those that can get out to get their heads cleared. My youngest can't do that so we drive around looking for Christmas trees and lights. Hopefully more go up soon - we're looking at the same houses every night. If you've others at home Board games are great too for alleviating the boredom and giving everyone a laugh - no matter what age you are, TV just rotting our brains I think it makes you more depressed during the lockdown.