Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

It's nothing in the big picture mate but as someone who generally is a bit of a pushover and gets a severe amount of axiety at times, it feels alot.

I was quite popular throughout Primary School, but then my dad (blue all of his life and still struggles all the steps up the upper bullens every home game) was hit by a TV actor driving at 80 on a country road, almost killed him and put him in hospital for years. I must have been 10/11 and since then I sort of gradually isolated myself and that's where I am at today. Can't say I have any proper friends apart from fiance. Some from work and some from old job that you get along with but dont see once you have left. Suffer deeply from massive social anxiety and dip in and out of depression (not that often). Must have got attached the times when you get a decent big win and kept chasing it. @Bungle has told me stuff in a PM which I can massively relate to, even if not on the same scale. The thought of going to speak about it to a group of strangers is terrifying (for now). Maybe in the future if the struggle continues. I remember going to play a game for what must have been bluekipper at the time at Walton Park (I live in Wigan, but my Nan lived not far so figured I'd play and then go visit her). I absolutely messed up in goal when I came for a cross and flapped it (I've grown up with Richard Wright as our goalie, was a fantastic impression) and was too scared to go back since. That's how anxious I get it about new people really.

Just gotta power through, the first few days will be the worst and then hopefully get through. Saw all the football scores from last night and thought "ah I'd have made a killing" which ultimately led to me posting on here. Posted while in work and on the drive home earlier was thinking about it and have felt low since. Being on a diet and having low energy probably isn't helping but it is what it is.

I remember checking the profit/loss margin on one of the sites and seeing it in the k's, made me feel sick to my stomach.
Source your nearest Gamblers anonymous meeting mate and go to that.
I have been through it . 6 years plus since a bet but still in recovery.
If it was not for G.A though I dont know where I would be or if I would be here at all .

What do people do when they’ve just had enough of stuff and they cba anymore. Honestly, just feel fucken worthless and the only reason I’ve done nothin about it is my kids. I’ve felt like crap before, but for about 5 years now I just feel like nothing, no matter what changes I make, can shake this off. Does my head in.

Talk to someone about it mate.

That’s the first and biggest step to sorting your head out.

Wouldn’t know where to start mate. Done all that counselling and that before and never really helped, think am gonna go back the docs first of all for my happy pills back

What's going on in life to make you feel worthless? Are there any behaviors, bad habits, etc that you've picked up lately that may be contributing to this foul mood? Something that may feel good in the short term but makes your mood worse in the long term - smoking, alcohol, etc.

Wouldn’t know where to start mate. Done all that counselling and that before and never really helped, think am gonna go back the docs first of all for my happy pills back

Exercise, particularly running is what helps me keep my head together mate.

Once your fitness improves and it no longer hurts like hell, exercise can deffo be a massive help.

Your energy levels improve, you sleep better and generally have a much more positive outlook on life.

I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder back in 2006, and battled depression and severe anxiety on/off for many years now. Best decision I ever made was finally saying enough z nough and proactively seeking out therapy & counseling. And now I've learned coping skills and life is so much the better. I do also take meds (mood balancer & anti-depressant, and anti-anxiety only when I need it), and thing there shouldn't be any stigma around that solution either.

I'd echo others in saying how good exercise, or even just getting outside for a walk-about in the woods, have been for my head.

I haven't posted here for a few months now. Thanks to some comments here I was able to build up the courage and go on a course of anti-depressants.

I'm still struggling to be honest, perhaps maybe worse because of various things that is going on in my life at the moment. For the past two years I've been an idiot and had feelings for a chick who so happens to be one of my best friends, she had a boyfriend at the time so and I didn't really see her as someone i'd like to date so I was happy just to be a friend. Later on in our friendship I started developing feelings for her and kinda got crazy about her, so I decided to find another chick to date but all I could think about was my friend so.. I ended my relationship the other month with my girlfriend.

My friend broke up with her boyfriend, so I thought it was gonna be my chance now. However, instead of being smart about it and start flirting/building up sexual tension between us.. I got drunk and blurted out all my feelings.. over text.... when there was no sexual tension or anything between us. She told me doesn't reciprocate and doesn't see me in that way. I took it on the chin and told her I understand and wish to continue the friendship. I just can't get over my feelings for my friend literally, I know this sounds like I'm crazy but I just want her so bad and I can't stop thinking about it-.. it's driving me up the wall. The sad part about it is that our "friendship" is pretty much fizzling out as well and it seems like she doesn't really give a hoot anymore, about the friendship, that is.. or me for that fact. I asked her the other week about it but she said it's not true and she is rather "busy". The saddest part of it is that I thought I could just do the same but I always have the desire to message her because I start "missing her" a lot. I even once deleted/blocked her but after one week I added her back like a proper wimp.

I know it sounds really stupid but this stupid friend zone is quite literally making my depression spiral into the deep end and I've had some horrible thoughts lately and I'm not even sure I have the desire to live. I'm not even sure how a girl, a female can do this to me. It's just something about her. I'm probably coming off as a proper weirdo but I don't know, just something special about this girl. The saddest part is that a few of my friends mock me because according to them "she's fat & ugly, how can you get rejected by her".

I really, really needed to write this down somewhere as it's affecting me and I haven't really told anyone about it. Just that I once asked her out, I told everyone I am over her as I'm quite ashamed of how I'm dealing with the whole situation tbh.

TLDR: I got friend zoned so hard, it's making my depression spiral out of control and I'm losing the will to live. I know I'm 24 and I got a lot of time to find someone else that makes me feel this way but I don't know man, it's like i'm in some kind of hell at the moment that I can't get out of because I am weak, emotionally.

Last edited:

I haven't posted here for a few months now. Thanks to some comments here I was able to build up the courage and go on a course of anti-depressants.

I'm still struggling to be honest, perhaps maybe worse because of various things that is going on in my life at the moment. For the past two years I've been an idiot and had feelings for a chick who so happens to be one of my best friends, she had a boyfriend at the time so and I didn't really see her as someone i'd like to date so I was happy just to be a friend. Later on in our friendship I started developing feelings for her and kinda got crazy about her, so I decided to find another chick to date but all I could think about was my friend so.. I ended my relationship the other month with my girlfriend.

My friend broke up with her boyfriend, so I thought it was gonna be my chance now. However, instead of being smart about it and start flirting/building up sexual tension between us.. I got drunk and blurted out all my feelings.. over text.... when there was no sexual tension or anything between us. She told me doesn't reciprocate and doesn't see me in that way. I took it on the chin and told her I understand and wish to continue the friendship. I just can't get over my feelings for my friend literally, I know this sounds like I'm crazy but I just want her so bad and I can't stop thinking about it-.. it's driving me up the wall. The sad part about it is that our "friendship" is pretty much fizzling out as well and it seems like she doesn't really give a hoot anymore, about the friendship, that is.. or me for that fact. I asked her the other week about it but she said it's not true and she is rather "busy". The saddest part of it is that I thought I could just do the same but I always have the desire to message her because I start "missing her" a lot. I even once deleted/blocked her but after one week I added her back like a proper wimp.

I know it sounds really stupid but this stupid friend zone is quite literally making my depression spiral into the deep end and I've had some horrible thoughts lately and I'm not even sure I have the desire to live. I'm not even sure how a girl, a female can do this to me. It's just something about her. I'm probably coming off as a proper weirdo but I don't know, just something special about this girl. The saddest part is that a few of my friends mock me because according to them "she's fat & ugly, how can you get rejected by her".

I really, really needed to write this down somewhere as it's affecting me and I haven't really told anyone about it. Just that I once asked her out, I told everyone I am over her as I'm quite ashamed of how I'm dealing with the whole situation tbh.

TLDR: I got friend zoned so hard, it's making my depression spiral out of control and I'm losing the will to live. I know I'm 24 and I got a lot of time to find someone else that makes me feel this way but I don't know man, it's like i'm in some kind of hell at the moment that I can't get out of because I am weak, emotionally.

Plenty of women out there mate. Doesnt feel like it now but you'll meet someone down the line and you'll completely forget about this one - happens to us all.

U need to look at things objectivley mate not everyone you want, want you, life dosent work like that

you need to relax, calm down and even though your obviously in abit of a pickle you need to realise saying you want to end it all because you have been freind zoned is obscene

id swerve the friendship tbh,harder now but easier in the long run...itll never work especially now after telling her like that

Not really the place

Dont see why not?

This place can be so PC at times you post anything and you get attacked or branded something.

Just a general observation to the lads post you see it so often and its a shame that alot of dads get put in this situation and I guarantee there isnt much support out there for the bloke yet the other way around there is much bigger support networks out there for women in relationship breakdowns especially when kids are involved (and the fella involved alot of the time is also labelled all sorts for moving on).