Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Dont see why not?

This place can be so PC at times you post anything and you get attacked or branded something.

Just a general observation to the lads post you see it so often and its a shame that alot of dads get put in this situation and I guarantee there isnt much support out there for the bloke yet the other way around there is much bigger support networks out there for women in relationship breakdowns especially when kids are involved.

Some wild stereotyping going on here.

I`d quit while the goings good.

Well my opinion is that in my experience, women do find it easier to move on. It's easier for her (my ex) to find someone new than it will be for me. She is red hot so she can have her pick. I'm the opposite of red hot so i'll be single for ages. I can't even get a swipe right on Tinder FFS! haha.

One upside to her moving on means it's actually made it easier for me. I've seen her in a new light which i don't like so i have leapt forward in my "getting over her" road to recovery. I'll never 100% get over her because you don't get over someone who looks like her but i'll be sound soon. She's done me a favour by being so hateful and vindictive. again, while it was bad it was rock bottom bad, but now i feel a bit better about the split. Not my usual issues i've had for 18 years but her.....i'm almost entering "MEH" stage.

Also as a small update, She asked me why i wasn't spending more time with our little girl. I have her 2 full days a week and a couple of morning after she sleeps over.I told her that was the arrangement but i'm happy to have her 7 days a week if it helps her hehe. She said 50/50 is fine. So i'm going to have the baby more which is hard as i have to feed and entertain her when money is too tight to mention BUT.....i get to be with her more! Smashing!

Some wild stereotyping going on here.

I`d quit while the goings good.

Never intended it in that manner pal - by God there is alot of fantastic mums having to put up with lousy ex's who get my respect.

My point was there just doesn't seem to be much of a support network for men in this situation - you can guarantee the lady in questions family and friends would be all over social media saying they are happy for her but if the bloke who posted on here moved on first and had a new woman on the scene with a kid in the middle there would be uproar.

Just seems with the spotlight on mens mental health there is still an imbalance in society/the courts when it comes to relationship/marriage breakdowns and gender.

Hope the fella keeps his chin up regardless.

Well my opinion is that in my experience, women do find it easier to move on. It's easier for her (my ex) to find someone new than it will be for me. She is red hot so she can have her pick. I'm the opposite of red hot so i'll be single for ages. I can't even get a swipe right on Tinder FFS! haha.

One upside to her moving on means it's actually made it easier for me. I've seen her in a new light which i don't like so i have leapt forward in my "getting over her" road to recovery. I'll never 100% get over her because you don't get over someone who looks like her but i'll be sound soon. She's done me a favour by being so hateful and vindictive. again, while it was bad it was rock bottom bad, but now i feel a bit better about the split. Not my usual issues i've had for 18 years but her.....i'm almost entering "MEH" stage.

Also as a small update, She asked me why i wasn't spending more time with our little girl. I have her 2 full days a week and a couple of morning after she sleeps over.I told her that was the arrangement but i'm happy to have her 7 days a week if it helps her hehe. She said 50/50 is fine. So i'm going to have the baby more which is hard as i have to feed and entertain her when money is too tight to mention BUT.....i get to be with her more! Smashing!

I was gonna say get yerself on tinder mate and try your luck lol ;)

The biggest differnce i've noticed in the two sides of the split is that everyone on my side, family, friends etc have all been supportive, brutally honest but caring and also positive and telling me to look to the future. Everyone on her side have been belittling (of me), hateful, brutal and loads of gossip. I've actually learned a lot about myself over the past couple of months. I hate a lot of what i've learned but i have also found a few good traits i have.

I got a message from one of my best friends the other day asking how i'm doing. I was honest and told her everything and the messages she sent in reply made me cry. It was some of the most loving things anyone has ever said about me. It really did make me feel better about the split. Sometimes people have the power to help by just caring.

@ForeverBlue92 - Tinder isn't going well. I swipe right plenty, i get none in return. sigh!

Great news that you get to spend more time with your little girl. Plenty of activities that should cost nothing or very little. I appreciate its harder now that the weather has turned.

My daughter loves to colour. Get her a coloring book and a pack of crayons from the pound shop. Sit together and colour, she'll be made up.

The biggest differnce i've noticed in the two sides of the split is that everyone on my side, family, friends etc have all been supportive, brutally honest but caring and also positive and telling me to look to the future. Everyone on her side have been belittling (of me), hateful, brutal and loads of gossip. I've actually learned a lot about myself over the past couple of months. I hate a lot of what i've learned but i have also found a few good traits i have.

I got a message from one of my best friends the other day asking how i'm doing. I was honest and told her everything and the messages she sent in reply made me cry. It was some of the most loving things anyone has ever said about me. It really did make me feel better about the split. Sometimes people have the power to help by just caring.

@ForeverBlue92 - Tinder isn't going well. I swipe right plenty, i get none in return. sigh!

The positives of tough times are the lessons they teach us about ourselves and the people around us. If you're open and honest with people, they're usually kind and supportive in return. I've had to lean on a lot of people in the last couple of years and with only a few exceptions, they've reacted in exactly the way I would like to think I would if one of my friends was in a bad way.

As to the other people, you've learned that they're negative, small minded people who like to gossip and only want to hear one side of the story.

Great news that you get to spend more time with your little girl. Plenty of activities that should cost nothing or very little. I appreciate its harder now that the weather has turned.

My daughter loves to colour. Get her a coloring book and a pack of crayons from the pound shop. Sit together and colour, she'll be made up.
Yeah, i'll be able to spend a bit of money but i'll defo have to be frugal. The pound shop is great for things like that isn't it?! Nice one
The positives of tough times are the lessons they teach us about ourselves and the people around us. If you're open and honest with people, they're usually kind and supportive in return. I've had to lean on a lot of people in the last couple of years and with only a few exceptions, they've reacted in exactly the way I would like to think I would if one of my friends was in a bad way.

As to the other people, you've learned that they're negative, small minded people who like to gossip and only want to hear one side of the story.
Well said mate. You do learn who your friends are and what people are made of when the going gets tough.
I'm the same, i hope, in fact i know i'll be supportive and caring if someone ever needs help, support or just an ear. It's the least you can do when someone is struggling with anything.