Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

It's a tricky one if there's nobody able to do that sort of thing with him, we were fortunate in that my brother was receptive to the help rather than fight it, but just blocking sites isn't going to get you the results you want as there'll be other ways of gambling. Someone needs to have a serious word with him and grab him by the scruff of the neck if necessary until he understands the wider impact it's having on his family. It's a crap situation mate but being brutally honest with him is the best way forward.
It's exactly the same with any vice (drinking or drugs etc.) where if there's a real, deep-lying addiction then they will often go to any means to fulfil their desires.

I have a friend who, while having a very powerful job as a barrister in London, became an awful alcoholic which ultimately destroyed their successful career and life.

We're talking about drinking heavily during their lunch while being in the pub all night, literally being an utter mess each and every evening - it was embarrassing.

Their firm were great and offered lots of help and support, including rehab and keeping her busy in the evenings (changing her hours) to keep her from temptation.

Her friends in London offered a lot of help as well by trying to keep her busy, move away from having social events where there was ale and lots of other stuff.

Anyway, she just began drinking in work instead before she was rotten in a court-case where the judge proceeding over the case tore her a new one - job gone.

In the end, she was caught drink driving, lost her license and intentionally took up a job in a local pub where she could drink wine out of a ribena bottle at 10am.

Husband left her and took the kids with him. It was only when she was set bloody straight by a fair few of us (we were oblivious up here) that she turned a corner.

I genuinely think that she would have ended up drinking her self to death or being leathered or killed in bar fight - an aggressive drunk - if not for tough talk.

Any addition must be related to a person's mental health as in those situations they are not making rational decisions.

Strange one isnt it, you very very seldom see a gambling addict whos up, but you seem to think you will be the one who defys all odds

100% - you always walk into a bookies thinking you'll win.

I've had very good days, and very bad days. I try not to touch it at all apart from an odd footy bet here or there.

Luckily, I've got a mortgage within the last 5 months so that's deterred me from it I think. I very almost didn't get my mortgage because of it!

Strange one isnt it, you very very seldom see a gambling addict whos up, but you seem to think you will be the one who defys all odds
I have a friend who has always been a very capable gambler (he's a very astute mathematician), however even he realised that in the end everyone loses.

So, he turned from being a gambler up in the North to moving down South, opening a bookmakers and was one of the first people to lay bets on Betfair.

He's minted now which tells you absolutely everything you need to know.

Another job interview tomorrow, this time for something that is 100% legit and sounds right up my street. I feel calm, not particularly nervous. That in itself is making me nervous to be honest, I can't shake this feeling off I'm too relaxed and therefore that can't be right.

You'll be fine I'm sure they'll kick in once your in the room! Remember a little bit of nerves will do you good!

I have a friend who has always been a very capable gambler (he's a very astute mathematician), however even he realised that in the end everyone loses.

So, he turned from being a gambler up in the North to moving down South, opening a bookmakers and was one of the first people to lay bets on Betfair.

He's minted now which tells you absolutely everything you need to know.
Never see willy hills or ladbrokes shutting down do ya.. only new ones opening

Another job interview tomorrow, this time for something that is 100% legit and sounds right up my street. I feel calm, not particularly nervous. That in itself is making me nervous to be honest, I can't shake this feeling off I'm too relaxed and therefore that can't be right.
Being relaxed is nothing to be ashamed or worried about and as you said, you don't feel particularly nervous so it's not like you're totally blasé. Best of luck to you!

Meeting HR, on Tuesday. I spoke with the RCN,(who can't attend). Warned me that my job is at risk. I don't think that I will lose it soon, but now on half pay and really worried. My PTSD is starting to ruin my life. Hope the therapist can help me help myself.