Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

They basically said as I've been paid during my suspension it's unlikely I'll get much of a payout. We are taking out a grievance procedure against the head but that's not going to affect this.
I've got to phone the rep tomorrow with my decision. All my friends who are teachers and ex colleagues are saying get out while you can.
Firing grievances out will certainly help in the settlement side of things, mate. Especially, if there are cases to answer. (Don't just stop with the head btw, fire them aots). But, big BUT (from my own experience at least) it can also affect you mentally, as they probably will not stick to their own policies and will not do it within the supposed time frame. (My case, the policy time frame was 3 months, and they took over 12). So it can have a very negative effect.

Have you been signed off with mental health issues mate? (Feel free to tell me to **** off and mind my own business). However, the reason for my asking is, if you haven't been signed off, then it is likely/possible* you very soon will be such has been the effect on your mental health. In which case they will have to pay you full pay. Then, the very least the union should be asking for (in my opinion) is 3 - 6 months salary, as you'll get 6 months full pay (assuming you're on the same contract I was) and 6 months half pay. Sorry if I've missed anything or misinterpreted anything lid.

Can you stick it out 'til summer? Ideally the time to negotiate a settlement is Sept.

*union should be hinting at this to the head/board of governors.

Firing grievances out will certainly help in the settlement side of things, mate. Especially, if there are cases to answer. (Don't just stop with the head btw, fire them aots). But, big BUT (from my own experience at least) it can also affect you mentally, as they probably will not stick to their own policies and will not do it within the supposed time frame. (My case, the policy time frame was 3 months, and they took over 12). So it can have a very negative effect.

Have you been signed off with mental health issues mate? (Feel free to tell me to **** off and mind my own business). However, the reason for my asking is, if you haven't been signed off, then it is likely/possible* you very soon will be such has been the effect on your mental health. In which case they will have to pay you full pay. Then, the very least the union should be asking for (in my opinion) is 3 - 6 months salary, as you'll get 6 months full pay (assuming you're on the same contract I was) and 6 months half pay. Sorry if I've missed anything or misinterpreted anything lid.

Can you stick it out 'til summer? Ideally the time to negotiate a settlement is Sept.

*union should be hinting at this to the head/board of governors.
I've not been in since September. Suspension the whole time. That's what the grievance is about as well as falsification of evidence etc. I agree and feel I should be getting more.
I haven't signed off as I've not been in but would do so if I was forced back.

I've not been in since September. Suspension the whole time. That's what the grievance is about as well as falsification of evidence etc. I agree and feel I should be getting more.
I haven't signed off as I've not been in but would do so if I was forced back.
I don't know the whole story mate, obviously. But I think jumping ship now would be premature, professionally and financially. Take as long as possible with a phased return, you dictate the timescale. Obviously if the mental health issue gets too much, go with your gut.

Take your time with the grievances, make sure you log every single event, lay it out precisely and professionally, mention witnesses etc. Timing is everything. Once done, then you can let the grievances run their course (making further grievances if anything new comes to light, especially if they don't follow policy*).

IMO the financial value is in the sick leave. I respectfully disagree with the union saying wtte "as I've been paid during my suspension it's unlikely I'll get much of a payout" I was told the exact opposite, though in all fairness it was a long time ago. When they gets a series of grievances in their inbox, then you get signed off, I will be very surprised if they don't offer you at least 3 months for everything to go away.

WRT your union rep, get a second opinion. One union rep who I used, high flyer for NASUWT, later became CEO or thereabouts at a local borough council. Some of them know which side their bread is buttered.

* make sure you familiarise yourself with every single policy and be a total 🔔 end. If they stray from any policy, even slightly, file another grievance.

I don't know the whole story mate, obviously. But I think jumping ship now would be premature, professionally and financially. Take as long as possible with a phased return, you dictate the timescale. Obviously if the mental health issue gets too much, go with your gut.

Take your time with the grievances, make sure you log every single event, lay it out precisely and professionally, mention witnesses etc. Timing is everything. Once done, then you can let the grievances run their course (making further grievances if anything new comes to light, especially if they don't follow policy*).

IMO the financial value is in the sick leave. I respectfully disagree with the union saying wtte "as I've been paid during my suspension it's unlikely I'll get much of a payout" I was told the exact opposite, though in all fairness it was a long time ago. When they gets a series of grievances in their inbox, then you get signed off, I will be very surprised if they don't offer you at least 3 months for everything to go away.

WRT your union rep, get a second opinion. One union rep who I used, high flyer for NASUWT, later became CEO or thereabouts at a local borough council. Some of them know which side their bread is buttered.

* make sure you familiarise yourself with every single policy and be a total 🔔 end. If they stray from any policy, even slightly, file another grievance.
Cheers , very good advice.

Absolutely riddled with depression today, cane out of nowhere. Crazy what your head can do to you, booked a couple weeks off work
It can do that....creeps up and punches u in the gut.
Make the most of the time off. Get out and keep busy. Go out walking somewhere pleasant (the prom works for me if u are local to Liverpool). U won't feel like doing anything but lying on the sofa makes it worse. Good luck brother

Absolutely riddled with depression today, cane out of nowhere. Crazy what your head can do to you, booked a couple weeks off work

Try and do at least one thing outside every day mate, even if it’s just going for a walk. ( I know the weather is bad at the mo )

Maybe try and go to somewhere you really like for a trip out or hooking up with some mates / family you haven’t seen in while, if you feel up to it ?

If you do “ stuff “ whilst you’re off, you’ll feel like you’ve achieved something and that alone will give you a lift 👍

Wishing you a speedy recovery mate x

My 21 year relationship came crashing down about 2 weeks ago, I've had a variety of emotions, thought I'd just top myself and be done with it at first, then thought I might move away to where most of my family now are, but that'd mean being 4 hours away from the kids so can't do that.

I'm a bit lost if I'm honest, it's not what i expected or wanted but seemingly she appears to have switched off all feelings and gone into this weird 'let's be grown up and all overly friendly' mode, I don't really know why I'm airing it on here, my heads a bit battered.
I hope you're doing ok Bungle, worried about you and hope you're doing the best you can x