Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I've got a disciplinary hearing tomorrow. Been a teacher in the same school for 22 years. Absolutely love teaching and I've never wanted to be a manager. Trouble started two years ago when I left a campaign as Union Rep to stop our school becoming an academy. We won but I've had nothing but hassles with management ever since.
I was suspended on a spurious charge by the school in September and tomorrow I finally find out what happens. I've had great support from parents, students and ex students and colleagues. They have been on strike for 8 days to support me.
It's been awful and especially so for my family.
I would say to any blue make sure you keep a record at work of any interaction with management and if you are in the public sector join a union.
Details below and wish me luck.
Your Union seems to have it covered. 8 days strike is significant in itself. Your colleagues and the parents must be absolutely outraged by the school's actions. Reads like classic victimisation to me. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

I've got a disciplinary hearing tomorrow. Been a teacher in the same school for 22 years. Absolutely love teaching and I've never wanted to be a manager. Trouble started two years ago when I left a campaign as Union Rep to stop our school becoming an academy. We won but I've had nothing but hassles with management ever since.
I was suspended on a spurious charge by the school in September and tomorrow I finally find out what happens. I've had great support from parents, students and ex students and colleagues. They have been on strike for 8 days to support me.
It's been awful and especially so for my family.
I would say to any blue make sure you keep a record at work of any interaction with management and if you are in the public sector join a union.
Details below and wish me luck.
I do so hope that things have gone well for you. All the best.💙

I'm getting a sense of something else. @Preki with the dogs backed off, are you going for the jugular? If not for yourself, to smite them on behalf of those they've mucked about previous?
No unfortunately because the case was so badly organized and presented but it's certainly a point in our favour. Had unbelievable support outside the venue as well. 50 plus well wishers. Really moving.

No unfortunately because the case was so badly organized and presented but it's certainly a point in our favour. Had unbelievable support outside the venue as well. 50 plus well wishers. Really moving.

What happens now mate ?

Is there to be another hearing ?

I know it’s not the same, as it’s a tribunal, but if this was a court case, it would get kicked out if their case was that shabby.

Could your union rep, not move to get it dismissed ?

What happens now mate ?

Is there to be another hearing ?

I know it’s not the same, as it’s a tribunal, but if this was a court case, it would get kicked out if their case was that shabby.

Could your union rep, not move to get it dismissed ?
Yes another hearing. The one today only got halfway before being dismissed. Unfortunately an independent adjudicator now investigates but I'm confident I'll be ok.

Yes another hearing. The one today only got halfway before being dismissed. Unfortunately an independent adjudicator now investigates but I'm confident I'll be ok.

This surely has to go in your favour at any future hearings ?

Sounds like they’ve dug a big hole they can’t get out of and it’s all about saving face now.

Nice one Rita . Iam healing but I will never be healed and I hope that makes sense to you . The dark days were 2014/15 when it was beyond anything I've ever experienced before . Since I've decided to ' let it go ' I can honestly say I do feel better but it has and always leave a void in me that is hard to articulate to anyone and even Fathers who have and are going through the same . Like most forms of grief it is a personal journey that only the person experiencing it can comprehend and like all forms of grief it comes and goes . The thing about grieving for somebody that is still alive I'd say is different than grieving for somebody that is no longer here are different as that old ' closure ' thing is harder . I do appreciate your words and energy I really do ! Generally speaking I've gone through the dark bit of it all and our day will come . My daughter is 10 so there is plenty of time .
Hi cassady.
I didn't accept parental alienation. I Ring my daughter most days and make sure I tell her I love her. I just ask her about her day or anything really just to have a chat.
I also send Birthday and Christmas cards.
I don't see her very often only occasionally for a cup of tea at McDonald but she knows I'm still here and I'll always be here if she needs me.
She is 18 now but eventually she will click and realise
I seen that earlier on . It does sadden me and rips me to my core . I maybe going slighty off the actual topic her but I've have never had that chance as Iam an aliented Father who tried his best but after seven years of it all I had to ..... it's so hard to explain .. I had to ... turn away .. walk away emotionally .... it was [Poor language removed] killing me and still is but I feel a tad better for it knowing our day will come !! It still eats away at me daily and I have been diagnosed with PTSD as a result of it all . Like I've said it maybe slightly off topic but youse all get the drift of what Iam saying . I could go on about it for moons . Parental Alienation destroys lives and is CHILD ABUSE !!! Football and football rivalries mean [Poor language removed] all and if you have been through what I and other Fathers have been through and are still going through . If anybody out there knows and can relate to what Iam on about then please get your feelings out to your mates , family or even on here . Thanks for listening.
Hi
I seen that earlier on . It does sadden me and rips me to my core . I maybe going slighty off the actual topic her but I've have never had that chance as Iam an aliented Father who tried his best but after seven years of it all I had to ..... it's so hard to explain .. I had to ... turn away .. walk away emotionally .... it was [Poor language removed] killing me and still is but I feel a tad better for it knowing our day will come !! It still eats away at me daily and I have been diagnosed with PTSD as a result of it all . Like I've said it maybe slightly off topic but youse all get the drift of what Iam saying . I could go on about it for moons . Parental Alienation destroys lives and is CHILD ABUSE !!! Football and football rivalries mean [Poor language removed] all and if you have been through what I and other Fathers have been through and are still going through . If anybody out there knows and can relate to what Iam on about then please get your feelings out to your mates , family or even on here . Thanks for listening.
Hi Cassidy.
I didn't accept parental alienation. I ring my daughter regularly for a chat, ask her about her day and just general stuff. I also make sure I tell her I love her.
She gets Birthday and Christmas cards every year as well.
I only see her very occasionally for a quick cup of tea at McDonald's but she is 18 now and will quickly mature.
I went through hell but I'm still fighting.
Remember child care starts at 50/50 unless there is a court order in place.