Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Haven’t been on much as haven’t been great. Thanks for your kindness and concern. I have been in contact with threshold (womens aid) I am still on a list to see them so I am seeing my therapist in the new year to see if she can give them another push.
My daughter and I are okay currently, (I know it seems awful to say) but we are so used to our situation that it feels normal and my therapist even said it may take years to adapt to normal surroundings when it’s over.
I will try and be more active in the coming days, I’m finding it a bit embarrassing that I put myself in this situation and think maybe I shouldn’t have shared so much.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas xx
Hope you are OK. I know from professional experience that this time of year can be really difficult. Feel free to PM me if you need to talk. Take care.

My first ever Christmas day on my own (post divorce). Been feeling sorry for myself but got to say the bravery and compassion on this thread puts it all into perspective.
Merry Christmas to all Blues and here's to a better 2023.
It is a funny day for sure. Technically it's just a day, but it's so built up as a day for peace, joy, togetherness and family etc. So real life intruding jars. It'll go though.

Slightly different, but my Dad's death anniversary was on Tuesday, I was just crap all day. But I just try not to get too wrapped up in it and be kind to myself. It's okay to feel crappy or not on top of the world. It passes, you'll get your great day with kids on Boxing day.

It is a funny day for sure. Technically it's just a day, but it's so built up as a day for peace, joy, togetherness and family etc. So real life intruding jars. It'll go though.

Slightly different, but my Dad's death anniversary was on Tuesday, I was just crap all day. But I just try not to get too wrapped up in it and be kind to myself. It's okay to feel crappy or not on top of the world. It passes, you'll get your great day with kids on Boxing day.
Cheers mate I appreciate it.
I'm generally ok at finding stuff to occupy myself. Tend to exercise if I can.
My condolences about your dad. Mine passed away in 2015 and you never really get over it I've realised. Just have to remember him and do your best to move on.

Great post as always mate.

I always saw depression as something that happened to other people until the first lockdown. I remember so vividly trying to explain to my wife how I was very well aware that I’d go a few days without showering, or sat on the couch when I knew I had work to do, and how in my head I’d be screaming at myself to get up and do something about it, but that the feeling was akin to paralysis.

As you quite rightly allude to, some days it is enough to get up, get showered, brush your teeth, and throw on some clean clothes. If you can add a flourish like a little meal or a bit of tidying then fantastic.

You don’t have to address every problem at once, or even solve one completely. Just take a tiny step that you otherwise may not have and you’re on your way.
Brett had to reply to your post. ".... Just take a tiny step that you otherwise may not have.......". THIS 1000%. Christmas for me is very busy unfortunately, it's a time of reflection for many so the little steps forward we both allude to are steps going in the right direction. I'm so so lucky with what I've got in life, job I wouldn't swop for the World, family I love, and a warm house and full belly. Take care Brett, and I'd like to wish all on here peace of mind.

608586C5-86F3-4C8E-A609-28FC0C39AD28.jpeg

Merry Christmas everyone. @Leylo I just seen your messages- I’m absolutely fine a chara just been busy with family - thanks for the nice words - you put a big cheesy grin on my face today much better than the socks Santa brought earlier. Never change leylo - your mum and dad ( may they rest in peace) raised a good man - there’s nothing better than nice words and concern - I hope this Christmas was easier than the last 2 for you buddy - you’re a top bloke , son and I’m sure your boy would tell me a top Dad too and surrounded by top people on this thread like @COYBL25 , @Gwladysover @Spotty and loads of others who selflessly give their time up for others. Merry Christmas leylo and everyone and never give up hope - we’re all worth a lot more than we realise. Rath Dé ort.

View attachment 198152
Merry Christmas everyone. @Leylo I just seen your messages- I’m absolutely fine a chara just been busy with family - thanks for the nice words - you put a big cheesy grin on my face today much better than the socks Santa brought earlier. Never change leylo - your mum and dad ( may they rest in peace) raised a good man - there’s nothing better than nice words and concern - I hope this Christmas was easier than the last 2 for you buddy - you’re a top bloke , son and I’m sure your boy would tell me a top Dad too and surrounded by top people on this thread like @COYBL25 , @Gwladysover @Spotty and loads of others who selflessly give their time up for others. Merry Christmas leylo and everyone and never give up hope - we’re all worth a lot more than we realise. Rath Dé ort.

Hope you're keeping well mate

View attachment 198152
All the best joe

View attachment 198152
So good to see you post again. Been worried about you.