Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I know this place is social media
I've never thought of it as that. I've always thought of it as so much more than that. Faceache, Insta, Twitter, whatever. Can live without them without a thought. I'd be completely lost without this place. The laughs, the tears, the friends I've made and become close to, the fewm, the wums, the loons, the lot.
It would leave a massive hole in my life you lot not being there.
The rest I care not a jot for.

Thanks mate, I am thinking of trying to get to Goodison Monday, I have no ticket, just to be around Evertonians !!
Do it.
Only thing stopping you is you pal. Get there. That's all you gotta do. The rest will take care of itself.
Maybe @alan ball can put you in touch with a ticket.
The man is an absolute Saint when it comes to such stuff

My first ever Christmas day on my own (post divorce). Been feeling sorry for myself but got to say the bravery and compassion on this thread puts it all into perspective.
Merry Christmas to all Blues and here's to a better 2023.
Find something to keep you busy mate. Running or walking works for me. I just put some music on and it relaxes me.

My first ever Christmas day on my own (post divorce). Been feeling sorry for myself but got to say the bravery and compassion on this thread puts it all into perspective.
Merry Christmas to all Blues and here's to a better 2023.
Not gonna lie, its gonna be shît. It won't get tougher than tomorrow. I know. The t-shirt still fits.
Thing is once you get through tomorrow every day will be easier because as tough as another day can get it won't even touch tomorrow. We'll all be here, not in the same league like but we're here when you want a natter. Keep smiling, stay strong and don't try drinking the day away to make it disappear. That never worked either.
X

Haven’t been on much as haven’t been great. Thanks for your kindness and concern. I have been in contact with threshold (womens aid) I am still on a list to see them so I am seeing my therapist in the new year to see if she can give them another push.
My daughter and I are okay currently, (I know it seems awful to say) but we are so used to our situation that it feels normal and my therapist even said it may take years to adapt to normal surroundings when it’s over.
I will try and be more active in the coming days, I’m finding it a bit embarrassing that I put myself in this situation and think maybe I shouldn’t have shared so much.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas xx
You should be proud of yourself for speaking out and escaping.
I hope you and your daughter have a lovely Christmas.

Feel for you mate, PM me anytime !!
This thread. ?

No matter our own struggles we still reach out to others.

This is such a positive step in your own fight Brendan. The strength to reach out to help someone else despite the struggles engulfing you shows that the strength, courage and fight are still there
Embrace that positivity my friend x

I've never thought of it as that. I've always thought of it as so much more than that. Faceache, Insta, Twitter, whatever. Can live without them without a thought. I'd be completely lost without this place. The laughs, the tears, the friends I've made and become close to, the fewm, the wums, the loons, the lot.
It would leave a massive hole in my life you lot not being there.
The rest I care not a jot for.
Same as that.

Thank you, been a tough day, overnight & tomorrow is going to be tougher !!! :oops::(
I’m on here at odd UK hours given the time difference and know that the dark of night can sometimes feel pretty long so please feel free to tag/PM me and that offer goes for others in this thread too.

We are an Everton family and the benefit of that is that there is always someone around to listen x

This thread. ?

No matter our own struggles we still reach out to others.

This is such a positive step in your own fight Brendan. The strength to reach out to help someone else despite the struggles engulfing you shows that the strength, courage and fight are still there
Embrace that positivity my friend x
We evertonians are of strong character, good people. If anybody has the stomach for the fight it's us!