Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

First session of the career coaching yesterday, overall a good experience. Had to do about 4 hours worth of online tests in the lead up to it, but basically spent 2 hours talking through my work experience to date, what motivates me, what makes me switch off and at the end of the session the nice lady said "Well... We've got a lot of work to do"

It turns out that given my personality type and "values", I have been barking up the wrong tree, career-wise, for the last fifteen years. It's a relief and it feels good to have somebody objective confirm this after so long... But the question remains, what now?

I remember handing in my notice at a company once who told me they were going to make me work every day of contractual 3 months notice. No problem, I said. Then they wondered why I was showing up and doing literally nothing.
I've always tried to leave jobs on good terms even when i hate everything about the place just in case i need references and things down the track.

If you ever were having doubts about leaving mate, I’d say what you’ve just described there 100% confirms you’re right in leaving, even if it means tightening your belt.

What you’ve posted there would make for a wonderful undercover documentary !!!

I seriously considered sending them this thread. it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s not been seen by MORRISONS. Since competitive intelligence and key words on MORRISONS would pick up this public thread and the extremely negative content about MORRISONS is often used by PR and marketing companies.

;)

Hey lads, just a little bit more.

I resigned on Saturday. Jonny stepped down on Tuesday morning.
This means that within a space of 6 weeks, all 3 night managers have left.

On Wednesday. they announced the appointment of two new night managers!
No grass was grown under anybody's feet!

However, if we go all the way back to the post when I started sharing this with you, I was suggesting the 3 of us were not wanted....

Goes to show. They still won in the end then?

However, if we go all the way back to the post when I started sharing this with you, I was suggesting the 3 of us were not wanted....

I wouldn’t say that mate, you left on your own terms. That to me is a victory.

Naw man. You got out and showed they can kick you but you'll walk away before they hurt you.

By the sound of things they're a sick organisation who employ too few people then thrash them until they burn out or quit.

You figured it out and left on your own terms. You win.

So its been a long road but i feel like im thru the worst.

I gave up everything as a last resort and it worked, last september(2018) i gave up the anti-depressants, pain killers, ale , weed, smoking, other drugs etc.

The first week was hell, my woman at the time showed herself to be a selfish person as all she did was call me boring an moaned about how we woulfnt have a life, she went too. As did 90% of my mates who showef their true colours.

After that i got in a firm on agency, they took me on permanently then promoted me to site manager of the liverpool area 2 months later.

Im still thete after a year. Its still there but having the responsibility has helped immeasurably.

Anyway, to everyone else suffering, i wanted to tell you there'sa way out. It took me 15 years to find it, but i did. So can you.

So its been a long road but i feel like im thru the worst.

I gave up everything as a last resort and it worked, last september(2018) i gave up the anti-depressants, pain killers, ale , weed, smoking, other drugs etc.

The first week was hell, my woman at the time showed herself to be a selfish person as all she did was call me boring an moaned about how we woulfnt have a life, she went too. As did 90% of my mates who showef their true colours.

After that i got in a firm on agency, they took me on permanently then promoted me to site manager of the liverpool area 2 months later.

Im still thete after a year. Its still there but having the responsibility has helped immeasurably.

Anyway, to everyone else suffering, i wanted to tell you there'sa way out. It took me 15 years to find it, but i did. So can you.
Well done. Fantastic post x

As a follow up to the previous posts id like to post a list of the books/audibles that helped me if thats ok. These wont be for everyone, some are really hard to listen to.

Depressive illness - cant remember the author but really good frank book about the true facts and nonsense about the illness.

The chimp paradox - dr steve peters. Brilliant. Brain training.

Cant hurt me - david goggins, this man is an inspiration. I recommend this to anyone
I also recommend the audible version as its a half reading half podcast where the author gives some further insights and sets tasks for the reader. Boss.

The subtle art of not giving a f*** - mark manson, this isnt about not caring about anything, its about realising what to care about.

12 rules to life - Jordan Petersen, this book is probably what helped me most.

7 habits of highly effective people - stephen r covey. This is more geared towards the later stages but has some really good sections about responsibilities, and how its your ability to respond.

As a follow up to the previous posts id like to post a list of the books/audibles that helped me if thats ok. These wont be for everyone, some are really hard to listen to.

Depressive illness - cant remember the author but really good frank book about the true facts and nonsense about the illness.

The chimp paradox - dr steve peters. Brilliant. Brain training.

Cant hurt me - david goggins, this man is an inspiration. I recommend this to anyone
I also recommend the audible version as its a half reading half podcast where the author gives some further insights and sets tasks for the reader. Boss.

The subtle art of not giving a f*** - mark manson, this isnt about not caring about anything, its about realising what to care about.

12 rules to life - Jordan Petersen, this book is probably what helped me most.

7 habits of highly effective people - stephen r covey. This is more geared towards the later stages but has some really good sections about responsibilities, and how its your ability to respond.
Great recommendations!

I have read "Can't Hurt Me" and "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" and have started reading "The Subtle Art of not giving a F***" and I think all of them are very good.

Have heard great things about Jordan Petersen, so I will have to get "12 Rules to Life."

I have a few books that might help as well. I'll post those tomorrow.