Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Back at councilling last night after a few weeks off. It was a tough session and at times I felt like I just wanted to get out of there. However, came out feeling like a weight had been lifted. I had a blip last week and had been feeling bad about it. The councillor pointed out how I'd actually handled it pretty well and said I needed to stop being so hard on myself.

Feeling positive at the moment and looking forward to a few things.

Back at councilling last night after a few weeks off. It was a tough session and at times I felt like I just wanted to get out of there. However, came out feeling like a weight had been lifted. I had a blip last week and had been feeling bad about it. The councillor pointed out how I'd actually handled it pretty well and said I needed to stop being so hard on myself.

Feeling positive at the moment and looking forward to a few things.

Keep it going mate.

I always found the hardest part of councilling was psyching yourself up before hand to actually go.

You look for all kinds of excuses not to go and then once you get there everything is good.

Beautiful thing, my partner, died. Bit of a tumble on the stairs and broke his neck. Comes a few month's after Pat's death. Will try to keep strong till after the funeral.

Desolate. He was my small Bear.

Really sorry to hear that mate, I remember you introducing yourself on here as their partner a few years ago.
It's always sad to hear that someone who posted on here has died, and @beautifulthing always came across as sound, with a dry sense of humour

RIP

Keep posting though, whether it's in this thread, or the site as a whole.

Since the nights have started drawing and its not getting light now until around 7am, I've found that even though I use a sleep mask religiously, I'm sleeping much better and as result generally feel much better when I wake up.

anyone else found this ?

Suffering from work depression I think, they don't mean it but my colleagues are making me miserable. There's a real atmosphere of doom and gloom and it's really affecting me, I don't want to get out of bed in the morning and go in. I keep going to the toilet just to have a few minutes to myself out of sight. My colleagues have no idea but I don't know how to make it clear how much they're upsetting me with their misery.

Always feared the unknown but the past few weeks have been bad. Not sure how I will come out of this but I just feel so demoralised right now.

Hows everyone today ? I check in every now and then, for some reason I have pretty much been free of depression for 4 years, I put it down to the work environment I have chosen, its dragged me out of it. I am in the car industry, in itself its stressful with targets, commission etc but its going well.
I was recently offered a new job as Sales Manager for a food company but it meant working from home a lot and travelling a lot in my car to visit the reps, (I live on my own) I took 24 hours to think about it but decided to stay where I was, earning less but;

I work in an environment with lots of people, lots of banter, pretty blunt when it needs to be but these people and the laugh we have sometimes keeps me going I think, left alone to do the managers job at home, travelling around I realised wouldnt be good for me. I'm comfortable sitting in evenings on my own when I do.

My point is consider your job and careers, can you make a difference to yourself by moving positions ? choosing your mental health over chasing the bucks ?

Suffering from work depression I think, they don't mean it but my colleagues are making me miserable. There's a real atmosphere of doom and gloom and it's really affecting me, I don't want to get out of bed in the morning and go in. I keep going to the toilet just to have a few minutes to myself out of sight. My colleagues have no idea but I don't know how to make it clear how much they're upsetting me with their misery.

Always feared the unknown but the past few weeks have been bad. Not sure how I will come out of this but I just feel so demoralised right now.

What job do you do ? read my post below yours.

Hows everyone today ? I check in every now and then, for some reason I have pretty much been free of depression for 4 years, I put it down to the work environment I have chosen, its dragged me out of it. I am in the car industry, in itself its stressful with targets, commission etc but its going well.
I was recently offered a new job as Sales Manager for a food company but it meant working from home a lot and travelling a lot in my car to visit the reps, (I live on my own) I took 24 hours to think about it but decided to stay where I was, earning less but;

I work in an environment with lots of people, lots of banter, pretty blunt when it needs to be but these people and the laugh we have sometimes keeps me going I think, left alone to do the managers job at home, travelling around I realised wouldnt be good for me. I'm comfortable sitting in evenings on my own when I do.

My point is consider your job and careers, can you make a difference to yourself by moving positions ? choosing your mental health over chasing the bucks ?

Good for you mate .

Takes bravery to choose health over wealth.

There's many factors at play here too, least of all the peer pressure and expectation that you should always be striving for promotion and more money.

Being happy in the work place seems to be rarity these days ;)

I'm thinking of doing the same, I'm in a banter driven environment and it's destroying me. Barely any work gets done.

Yeah it is in part, plus anything that's discussed can't done without a measure of banter. It's soul destroying, it's like working with a gang of kids not fully grown men.

Consider you're self lucky Bry, I worked in an office that was almost silent most of the time, as everyone was terrified of the bosses.

Radios weren't allowed and phones had to be off until lunch time or breaks.

The longest serving there had desks that faced the wall, so they couldn't be seen browsing on their computers ( you got caught, you got a verbal warning, which would escalate into written very quickly ).

If there's loads of banter, that's a happy work place imo.