Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I am very sorry to read you have been treated like this mate. It makes me angry. I am disgusted by this. How dare people be treated in this manner.

Rise above it mate as best you can anyway, I actually feel sorry for those who, likely by force of circumstance, find themselves working in jobs like this, with people being treated as being of no consequence whatsoever.

It is utterly appalling, whether it be in 2017 or 1917 that people are treated like this. How can this represent a civilised, decent, caring society?

I was thinking this. I bet quite a few go in hoping to do a fair job and even trying to make a difference- I gather just like many other jobs they're overworked and most probably encouraged to get through as many assessments as possible.

If you get knocked back pm me. I've done a few appeals in my time. Happy to help.

Thanks so much Anjelika. I certainly will :)

Really been over-thinking things the past few days, really hope the game later helps bring me back to normal. Just want my brain to slow down.

Mind talk is one of my biggest problems. I convince myself that the worst possible thing will happen, even though experience tells me that it very rarely (if ever) does. It's breaking that negative thought process that is the challenge. Easier said than done.

I am trying to take things one day at a time for now. Going to settle down and watch a film now and try not to think past that.

upload_2017-5-12_22-51-24.png

Just can't get my brain to slow down and chill out, I'm fretting over stuff beyond my control. Wish it would go away.

I rarely come in here, but I get that sensation at times. Fretting about, frankly, nothing of real importance. Might be the grass needs cutting, (got a bad back), will the parcels arrive on time, will the awkward drop at the docks be a pain. That sort of stuff, and the mind goes bat crazy.

Not a professional in any way at all, but I just try to empty my head, think of what we are having for supper, whats on TV to look forward to, or lob a favourite CD in the player in the car.

If its actual important stuff you are fretting about, then ignore me, and listen to the folk on here who actually know stuff.

I've read a few things that state that a magnesium supplement can be good for anxiety. Apparently it works to regulate the nervous system and help you feel more relaxed. It is possible that many people may have a magnesium deficiency.

I'm giving it a go anyway. I'll let you all know if I notice an improvement.

Would do but I'm going to go out with friends instead, and likely get very drunk.

Good, best to get out and about. Just remember that alcohol can cause anxiety the next day.

Not that I heed my own advice there lol

I've read a few things that state that a magnesium supplement can be good for anxiety. Apparently it works to regulate the nervous system and help you feel more relaxed. It is possible that many people may have a magnesium deficiency.

I'm giving it a go anyway. I'll let you all know if I notice an improvement.
Not knocking supplements at all, but just be careful with unprescribed stuff, even herbal or over the counter things.

Can mess with your kidneys, liver etc.