Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

we just moved out of the house I lived in all my life and my first car that I had for 7 years got totaled in a hit and run on the highway 2 months ago ( I was hit, he ran). I've posted a long time ago about my many years long struggle with depression and all this change and upheaval is really getting to me

we just moved out of the house I lived in all my life and my first car that I had for 7 years got totaled in a hit and run on the highway 2 months ago ( I was hit, he ran). I've posted a long time ago about my many years long struggle with depression and all this change and upheaval is really getting to me
Upheaval and anxiety of the unknown forthcoming are a common trigger point mate. The good news is that it's heavily stacked in your favour that you'll adapt and embrace the change. That's what happens in the vast majority of situations. So remember that when your mind is tricking is you into being fearful of the change. Make some plans, have a neighbourhood walk. Also as long as you're ok after the car crash then it's sound. Better days ahead I'm sure, hang on in there and plan something ace soon.

I tell you what's gash, living in a house with your ex when whilst arrangements are being made to be taken off the deeds and bought out. It's a ridiculous situation, especially when I've been exercising, feeling good and getting my head straight, only for the ex to start messing with my head again. Last weekend she kept commenting on how I've changed and she can see that I'm moving on, so she started hamming it up asking me if I still loved her etc. Although I'm sure she didn't mean it, she reeled me back in and took me back to a dark place that I worked so hard to get out of. I have to say, even after everything that's happened, it's still heartbreaking for me to see her so down... it's like the roles have suddenly been reversed. Anyway, after this little setback I've got my head back in the game this week and I'm feeling good again.

I must say seeing a lot of my friends and getting fitter has really helped my situation.

This thread is ace btw. I'll never forget the help and advice given to me by total strangers.

So after the farce of previous PIP assessor turning up at my house an hour before my appointment and then logging it as a no-show, today I finally had my actual assessment, in a building in Cardiff.

I hope I get rejected because I never want to go through that again. An assessment where you're asked to sing and dance and jump through hoops to prove a disability in order to get help that you've never even asked for before to a bloke on a laptop whose main aim is to get as many assessments done in one day as possible. A gentleman opposite me in the waiting room on a respirator is required to travel into the centre of Cardiff and make it to the fifth floor of a building, to prove he's disabled? How about maybe asking for doctor's notes instead? All of this in the name of preventing benefit cheats, who already know how to cheat this system anyway? Is this the society we now live in? Do one Britain.

So after the farce of previous PIP assessor turning up at my house an hour before my appointment and then logging it as a no-show, today I finally had my actual assessment, in a building in Cardiff.

I hope I get rejected because I never want to go through that again. An assessment where you're asked to sing and dance and jump through hoops to prove a disability in order to get help that you've never even asked for before to a bloke on a laptop whose main aim is to get as many assessments done in one day as possible. A gentleman opposite me in the waiting room on a respirator is required to travel into the centre of Cardiff and make it to the fifth floor of a building, to prove he's disabled? How about maybe asking for doctor's notes instead? All of this in the name of preventing benefit cheats, who already know how to cheat this system anyway? Is this the society we now live in? Do one Britain.

Its a deplorable system where sick and disabled people who've worked hard have to justify their complaints and under the duress of being probed by people to whom theyre just a number on a list. Its degrading and has been for some time....I speak from experience though not of DLA/PIP. You can add in the factor of the 'know-the-ropes' crafty cheats who never done a hands turn workwise and share the waiting room oxygen with genuine people with bad hearts and breathing difficulties that cant be faked.
Don't despair....I do hope you get awarded the PIP...and if you don't, then I hope you get the strength and wherewithal to appeal. I know its another ordeal....but don't give up.

Its a deplorable system where sick and disabled people who've worked hard have to justify their complaints and under the duress of being probed by people to whom theyre just a number on a list. Its degrading and has been for some time....I speak from experience though not of DLA/PIP. You can add in the factor of the 'know-the-ropes' crafty cheats who never done a hands turn workwise and share the waiting room oxygen with genuine people with bad hearts and breathing difficulties that cant be faked.
Don't despair....I do hope you get awarded the PIP...and if you don't, then I hope you get the strength and wherewithal to appeal. I know its another ordeal....but don't give up.

Thank you mate. I just don't think I've got the energy to appeal if I do get rejected. And even if I do get awarded it, then to go through that annually makes me wonder if it's worth it.

Thank you mate. I just don't think I've got the energy to appeal if I do get rejected. And even if I do get awarded it, then to go through that annually makes me wonder if it's worth it.

Have a look at some of this help site, Rhys. You can read stuff without having to register and it may give you some encouragement and optimism. Incidentally, they may not call you back annually you know, from what Ive read, the system is absolutely choked and chocka.

http://benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3...nd Work&utm_content=v1+May+10+2017+newsletter

Have a look at some of this help site, Rhys. You can read stuff without having to register and it may give you some encouragement and optimism. Incidentally, they may not call you back annually you know, from what Ive read, the system is absolutely choked and chocka.

http://benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3628-10-may-2017-update?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Benefits and Work&utm_content=v1+May+10+2017+newsletter

Some great information there, thanks Jacob ;) I did read through such stuff beforehand but pretty much froze earlier. Think it would have helped had my mum maybe seen some more stuff like that, as despite how helpful she was, the assessor really didn't seem interested when she offered answers.

I am very sorry to read you have been treated like this mate. It makes me angry. I am disgusted by this. How dare people be treated in this manner.

Rise above it mate as best you can anyway, I actually feel sorry for those who, likely by force of circumstance, find themselves working in jobs like this, with people being treated as being of no consequence whatsoever.

It is utterly appalling, whether it be in 2017 or 1917 that people are treated like this. How can this represent a civilised, decent, caring society?

If you get knocked back pm me. I've done a few appeals in my time. Happy to help.