Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Following on from last night, my husband has issued me an ultimatum, he has stated that he will never change his feelings on my Dayghter, she is now nothing to him. I have been told that either she goes or he goes, obviously I will not abandon my Daughter, so it looks like my marriage has ended.

I feel for you and your daughter. I really hope that your husband starts to calm down and see some sense. He's been very cruel but it sounds like a reaction to feeling hurt and insecure (that's no excuse of course).

Women batter my brain, getting mixed signs is so confusing.

Feeling a lot better than I did a few weeks ago though, more upbeat and playful which is my real personality. Hope it lasts.
We've all told you, mate. You turned the corner the other week by casting off those shackles that were inhibiting you and lowering your self esteem. Don't start looking for reasons to go back now when you've already started your journey forward.

As for the female sex - join the club. We love them but will never fathom them out. Not surprising as l am sure half the time they don't even know what they want :red:

We've all told you, mate. You turned the corner the other week by casting off those shackles that were inhibiting you and lowering your self esteem. Don't start looking for reasons to go back now when you've already started your journey forward.

As for the female sex - join the club. We love them but will never fathom them out. Not surprising as l am sure half the time they don't even know what they want :red:

Can't work out whether someone I know is subtly interested in me or just being friendly? She asks me a lot of questions, tells me about things herself without me asking and smiles a lot when we talk with eye contact. It's just I've asked her out before months ago and was she refused me, she said she was too busy with uni work.

Not sure what to make of it. She's a shy girl, was she just nervous and not ready at the time or is it a case of her wanting to be friends? I'm so confused lol.

Was reading this morning about a big mental health project for young people in Wales. It was saying something like 70% of youngsters who have mental health problems don't receive the right help, which is terrible as many adult mental health problems start when we're young. What's more, they also found that GPs were often prescribing unsuitable antidepressants to those they did intervene on.

It was brought to mind as my other half's dad died when she was a child and it was never discussed with her or her sister at all.

Can't work out whether someone I know is subtly interested in me or just being friendly? She asks me a lot of questions, tells me about things herself without me asking and smiles a lot when we talk with eye contact. It's just I've asked her out before months ago and was she refused me, she said she was too busy with uni work.

Not sure what to make of it. She's a shy girl, was she just nervous and not ready at the time or is it a case of her wanting to be friends? I'm so confused lol.
Having a similar issue. I'm probably a good bit older than you and the ladies l am 'interested' in are certainly not going to Uni unless they are actually teaching there :p but lve been so long out of the dating game l doubt l would have any inkling if someone was interested in me. Trial and error l guess and just a case of re-learning the ropes. I think the thing is just to go with your gut feel and if it is wrong don't beat yourself up.
To give you an example l was in a pub the other weekend, it was still quite early and l was standing at the bar with my mate when this lass knocked into me but just kept on walking. Realised l knew her - also that she was in a break up situation with her ex - then a couple of minutes later she walked past us again to go to the loo. On her way back she looked me in the eye, smiled and dallied until l sort of took the hint and engaged her in a brief conversation I.e. what was she doing, had she sold her house, where was she going to live. But instead of pressing the issue l kinda retreated from the situation because l still don't have the confidence to push matters because l still haven't picked up the body language signals being given out. Like l said, too long out of the game so l need to get my act together...fast.

Was reading this morning about a big mental health project for young people in Wales. It was saying something like 70% of youngsters who have mental health problems don't receive the right help, which is terrible as many adult mental health problems start when we're young. What's more, they also found that GPs were often prescribing unsuitable antidepressants to those they did intervene on.

It was brought to mind as my other half's dad died when she was a child and it was never discussed with her or her sister at all.
I hope one day the authorities will treat mental health as seriously as physical health.

Having a similar issue. I'm probably a good bit older than you and the ladies l am 'interested' in are certainly not going to Uni unless they are actually teaching there :p but lve been so long out of the dating game l doubt l would have any inkling if someone was interested in me. Trial and error l guess and just a case of re-learning the ropes. I think the thing is just to go with your gut feel and if it is wrong don't beat yourself up.
To give you an example l was in a pub the other weekend, it was still quite early and l was standing at the bar with my mate when this lass knocked into me but just kept on walking. Realised l knew her - also that she was in a break up situation with her ex - then a couple of minutes later she walked past us again to go to the loo. On her way back she looked me in the eye, smiled and dallied until l sort of took the hint and engaged her in a brief conversation I.e. what was she doing, had she sold her house, where was she going to live. But instead of pressing the issue l kinda retreated from the situation because l still don't have the confidence to push matters because l still haven't picked up the body language signals being given out. Like l said, too long out of the game so l need to get my act together...fast.

I think under those circumstances you did the right thing there mate.

If you'd acted all cocky and flash, she'd have run a mile.

Now the ice has been broken the next time you see her, it'll be much more relaxed and normal when you talk to each other.

By the sounds of it, she's in a similar situation to you and she's having to adjust to being out there again x

Following on from last night, my husband has issued me an ultimatum, he has stated that he will never change his feelings on my Dayghter, she is now nothing to him. I have been told that either she goes or he goes, obviously I will not abandon my Daughter, so it looks like my marriage has ended.

With respect, I would tell your husband to do one if that's his attitude.

My dad used to say if you ask ten girls out, nine may say no but one will say yes.

Principle is that you won't know till you try.