Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

From your experiences, does taking the meds work?

I am awaiting some CBT for anxiety and have staved going on meds but finding it harder as the CBT draws closer .

Most people I speak to on it think I should give the meds ago (to increase my serotonin ) but I am (perhaps naively) of the perception that taking meds will mean I get addicted and rely on them. Been told it's not true.

Hoping the CBT sorts me out rather than try meds.
have a look at nutrishield, half a hour a day and take their nutrient programme, depression drifts away, slowly but sure, just shoo it awy...honestly i was so depressed , read 'the power of your subconscious mind' aswell if you can..

At home now, have had my tea and in my dressing gown feeling fully relaxed. For the first time all day I'm able to think clearly.

Earlier today I experienced what can only be described as a mental break. Not a complete physical meltdown where I bawled my eyes out and people had to console me (I have had those before) because I managed to keep a lid on inner-turmoil, but mentally I was in excruciating pain. Colleagues and customers noticed how bad I was but no one said anything to me other than "you're a bit quiet today" probably because they thought I needed space. I just told people I didn't feel well and they then left me alone but did seem to be treading on eggshells around me. Most just gave me a wide berth because of the strong negative chi I was giving off.

I went all morning virtually without saying more than 3 words to anybody and with a VERY sad look and demeanour. I didn't intend to make my colleagues feel awkward but I was just so badly all over the place and couldn't get my head together at all. Every moment I wasn't posting in here about my deep insecurities I was just staring into space, lost in my own world that was filled with sadness.

Thankfully in the afternoon I managed to perk up a bit. I spoke to a family member and then one of my close mates on the phone during my dinner hour and just hearing their voices helped settle me again. I managed to gather myself and although the rest of the day was no picnic I did manage to get through it feeling no way near as bad. At one point I managed a genuine laugh and caught a colleague smile slightly, probably relieved that I seemed to be alright after observing how I was in the morning.

My insecurities have wreaked havoc on me the past couple of days for what I think is several reasons;

1. About a week ago I ran out of my medication and haven't picked up my repeat prescription yet
2. I was EXTREMELY tired, I had about 3 hours sleep before an early morning start. My brain was completely fried.
3. The feeling of being so close to what you think is happiness feels too good to be true so you convince yourself it's all a con and isn't real.

I honestly have no idea what's going with this girl I like. The only facts I have is she gave me her number, she said she'd let me know when she's free and she seems to enjoy my company when we're together. Therefore I have no strong reasoning really to assume she's suddenly gone cold and doesn't want anything to do with me other than the fact I haven't heard from her in a few days. I'll just have to see her on Sunday and see what the deal is for myself, hopefully it's not what I suggested above but there's no way of knowing that yet.

Thanks to everybody for caring, I'm going to get back on the meds ASAP and make sure I get more sleep. That will make a cheerier, healthier me and that type of me is the person who's most likely to get somewhere good in life. I'll keep you all updated. :)

AWW Mate, Please read 'The Power of your Subconscious Mind'...Fear doesn't exist, only if we let it...My point is don't let it...I don't get comission for selling this book lol, I't just saved my mind that's all

Feeling a bit melancholy today. Meeting some mates later on but for now I'm going to go the gym and lift some weights.

Sunday will be interesting. I hope that me and the girl will pick up where we left off and have that spark again, I'll feel that all that angst this week has been over nothing. If we don't and she's not interested anymore it will be a big downer no doubt but I'll have to accept it I guess and move forward as best as I can. Trying to not to think about it between now and then but it's very hard, especially without the meds.

My repeat prescription will be ready for me to pick up on Monday but between then and now it's going to be tough, will just have to keep my mind occupied as best as I can.

At home now, have had my tea and in my dressing gown feeling fully relaxed. For the first time all day I'm able to think clearly.

Earlier today I experienced what can only be described as a mental break. Not a complete physical meltdown where I bawled my eyes out and people had to console me (I have had those before) because I managed to keep a lid on inner-turmoil, but mentally I was in excruciating pain. Colleagues and customers noticed how bad I was but no one said anything to me other than "you're a bit quiet today" probably because they thought I needed space. I just told people I didn't feel well and they then left me alone but did seem to be treading on eggshells around me. Most just gave me a wide berth because of the strong negative chi I was giving off.

I went all morning virtually without saying more than 3 words to anybody and with a VERY sad look and demeanour. I didn't intend to make my colleagues feel awkward but I was just so badly all over the place and couldn't get my head together at all. Every moment I wasn't posting in here about my deep insecurities I was just staring into space, lost in my own world that was filled with sadness.

Thankfully in the afternoon I managed to perk up a bit. I spoke to a family member and then one of my close mates on the phone during my dinner hour and just hearing their voices helped settle me again. I managed to gather myself and although the rest of the day was no picnic I did manage to get through it feeling no way near as bad. At one point I managed a genuine laugh and caught a colleague smile slightly, probably relieved that I seemed to be alright after observing how I was in the morning.

My insecurities have wreaked havoc on me the past couple of days for what I think is several reasons;

1. About a week ago I ran out of my medication and haven't picked up my repeat prescription yet
2. I was EXTREMELY tired, I had about 3 hours sleep before an early morning start. My brain was completely fried.
3. The feeling of being so close to what you think is happiness feels too good to be true so you convince yourself it's all a con and isn't real.

I honestly have no idea what's going with this girl I like. The only facts I have is she gave me her number, she said she'd let me know when she's free and she seems to enjoy my company when we're together. Therefore I have no strong reasoning really to assume she's suddenly gone cold and doesn't want anything to do with me other than the fact I haven't heard from her in a few days. I'll just have to see her on Sunday and see what the deal is for myself, hopefully it's not what I suggested above but there's no way of knowing that yet.

Thanks to everybody for caring, I'm going to get back on the meds ASAP and make sure I get more sleep. That will make a cheerier, healthier me and that type of me is the person who's most likely to get somewhere good in life. I'll keep you all updated. :)
Obviously if your mental health damages the way you work either you may need to examine the medication or speak to a doctor about how your mental health affects you doing your job. I have heard of people having serious accidents at work, while suffering with mental health problems. I would advise not going to work if you feel mentally awful, as it's not worth the possibility of you damaging yourself physically or mentally. Many people don't understand that depression has serious affects on your physical health. I couldn't go to work while suffering with serious depression, when getting as you say 3 hours of sleep. Suffering with aches and pains and feeling physically unwell. Plus without medication I felt suicidal and just couldn't cope with life, I wasn't eating well which didn't help. People have to realise that mental health issues have severe affects on a persons physical health as well. Don't put yourself under too much stress if at all possible.

Look for some reason Grouch , h
Obviously if your mental health damages the way you work either you may need to examine the medication or speak to a doctor about how your mental health affects you doing your job. I have heard of people having serious accidents at work, while suffering with mental health problems. I would advise not going to work if you feel mentally awful, as it's not worth the possibility of you damaging yourself physically or mentally. Many people don't understand that depression has serious affects on your physical health. I couldn't go to work while suffering with serious depression, when getting as you say 3 hours of sleep. Suffering with aches and pains and feeling physically unwell. Plus without medication I felt suicidal and just couldn't cope with life, I wasn't eating well which didn't help. People have to realise that mental health issues have severe affects on a persons physical health as well. Don't put yourself under too much stress if at all possible.
Please, mental health is ,well all in your head right? I't's not physical pain...Mental health needs a good balanced diet ,10 pieces of fruit and veg a day, not 5..and half hour moderate exercise..i.e a walk..do this you'll be ok...

I was suffering depressing bad, but I'm slowly reliesing yoga and a vegaterian diet is helping, OK it's taken me nearly 16 weeks, but I've gone from, what's the point ,to wow, yes come on!!!!...There is a way out guys x
Absolutely correct. Exercise is one of the best things to treat depression.

Do you work for a Pharmaceutical company Grouch???
No mate. Never have.

sounds like you do a bit mate

Nor do I think it's clever to have what I feel are sly digs in a what is a serious thread.

I have always said here that everyone is different so their individual treatments will be different. Some will need counselling, some will need meds some will need a healthier lifestyle and some will need a combination of the above, all tailored to them.

If the insinuation is that I'm trying to steer folk toward medication then you clearly have not read the thread in any great detail, and have massively missed the point of the thread.

Not feeling good at all today or yesterday, felt a big slip but hopefully it's only temporary.

Decided to write off any hope of things developing with that girl, it's been 4 days now without anything. Was clearly just playing games with me, I hope she's happy because she's battered my head good and proper. Time to just draw a line under it and move on, very disheartening but what else can a person do except try to plough on forwards.

Long shift in work today it's going to be a struggle but I'll get through it. Then it's a few days respite thankfully.
I've been thinking about this. and if you know different then apologies. You say she's a single Mum. Have you considered that she might be very nervous about going out with somebody, it may have been some time since anybody asked her out, she may not have had anybody showing any romantic interest in her for a while, she might have had a bad experience in the past and doesn't entirely trust the male species. Don't give up on her yet.

I've been thinking about this. and if you know different then apologies. You say she's a single Mum. Have you considered that she might be very nervous about going out with somebody, it may have been some time since anybody asked her out, she may not have had anybody showing any romantic interest in her for a while, she might have had a bad experience in the past and doesn't entirely trust the male species. Don't give up on her yet.
I agree. But baby steps. Don't rush things and DO NOT take it as a slight if things don't work out. As the Angelika said this girl may be carrying a lot of baggage of her own that she needs to deal with and there is a trust element to overcome. These things will and do work out.