Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

It comes directly out my wages.

Plus the other side of it is that i would have to take holidays every time i got an interview external to where i work now (i.e somewhere else outside the company i work for) which would mean for every one i didn't get it would mean another day away from the job lost that i could have enjoyed.

I am being pessamistic i know, i am more than happy to move elsewhere in where i work, outside the department and do a job that does not stick out if it means being outside of the department. The longer term can wait but short term for my own peace of mind i can leave and spend 12 months working elsewhere before i can resume looking to progress knowing i don't hate what i am doing.

I agree with @COYBL25 .....the more you stay there, the more unhappy you'll be in that rut. Have you asked for feedback from the panel on any of the internal interviews you've been on....you know, get useful pointers perhaps to any areas you could maybe fine-tune to give your performance the edge ? Its a big ask when people with broader experience are going for the same jobs with less experienced people as employers tend to want a sure-fire thing in the present climate. Its just the way it is. But you can maybe change your side of things which could help you get a job more suited to what you want and, of course, one thats away from there. Toe the line with the new team leader as arsey as you say he is....hes probably trying to assert himself and show a bit of authority...it was ever thus and goes on everywhere to some extent. Stick to the proper times in and out...do the right thing to keep your nose clean for now. Other people will and that could go against you in an interview set up if youre level pegging with one of them. Hope this helps a bit...

Good advice mate but a short-term solution, I know I'm going to explode at someone in work eventually and I have a good idea who it will be. So much pent up ill-feelings.

If you know it's likely to happen, you're able to stop it from happening.

How about going to see your manager and telling him / her that due to a clash of personalities you can't work with that person and request to be moved elsewhere ?.

Exploding or worse isn't going to end well for you is it ?.

Also the if you got the boot as a result, what's your next perspective employer going to think for your reason for " leaving "

Hi all.

Some of you may or may not know my wife @Morag.

She's having a very hard time with depression folks. Please help.
I'm sorry to hear that @Morag. The life of a Mods wife is never easy... ;)

Feel free to share anything if you wish. I'm sure you're aware of this thread so you should know there are no rules, aside from respect, so share or read as you see fit.

We stand ready to assist if needed.

Hi all.

Only thinking out loud.

Tell her to come on here and start posting when she feels up to it ?.

If she wants to keep it private, she can PM people ?.

The knowledge that you're one of many brings some comfort and it certainly helped me accept my condition, rather than denying I had a problem.

The thing with depression is that it's incidious, as it affects everyone close to the person sufferring.

I'll willingly help in anyway I can mate x

Last edited:

Hi all.

Tell her to post on here. And if she wants another lady ( in the loosest sense of the word in my case!) to talk to PM me. There are many things that can trigger depression in women. If she is a woman of a certain age (apologies if she isn't- I have no idea of your ages) then hormonal changes can trigger feelings of depression.

Only thinking out loud.

Tell her to come on here and start posting when she feels up to it ?.

If she wants to keep it private, she can PM people ?.

The knowledge that you're one of many brings some comfort and it certainly helped me accept my condition, rather than denying I had a problem.

The thing with depression is that it's incidious, as it affects everyone close to the person sufferring.

I'll willingly help in anyway I can mate x
Basically this,just to realise you are not the only one out there,to know that you arent mental,but suffering from an illness,to be anonymous and have people listen and reply without the sniggering behind your back is a massive help,obviously the GPs should be your first port of call,many of them now realise that there is a genuine problem with mental well being but some dont have the time or the inclination to converse about the medications so just to be able to come and discuss small things is a great help

Well, last week at work and had a bit of a panic attack last week as I began to worry about not getting all my work done before I leave. Which is nuts as it's impossible to finish and I'm leaving.

Anyway, came up with a plan and it calmed me down. However, I guess today it's really hit home I'm leaving. Still think I've done the right thing and I guess being scared is normal.

Think I'll be a wreck on Friday when I clock out for the last time which again is nuts as I've been looking forward to it for so long. Few beers will sort me out mind. Starting to get real.

Eekkk.