Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

It's a bit rich you're even here, you put my private business out in other threads, things I'd DMed you about several years ago, in order to have a pop at me along with some others. Shame on you.

Excuse me, do not ever use this thread to air your issues with another poster, DM me if you have a problem.

This thread is purely there for help, support and sharing. I have both shared and offered support in this thread and will continue to do so whether you like me or not.

Excuse me, do not ever use this thread to air your issues with another poster, DM me if you have a problem.

This thread is purely there for help, support and sharing. I have both shared and offered support in this thread and will continue to do so whether you like me or not.

It's only right people who post in here know that they need to be cautious should they choose to ever interact with you, you've proven that you don't respect people's privacy and will use their personal problems as something attack them with when it suits, and I can show evidence of that to anyone wishes to see exactly what I'm talking about.

I won't be DMing you ever again. Learn your lesson.

Last edited:
It's only right people who post in here know that they need to be cautious should they choose to ever interact with you, you've proven that you don't respect people's privacy and will use their personal problems as something attack them with when it suits, and I can show evidence of that to anyone wishes to see exactly what I'm talking about.

I won't be DMing you ever again. Learn your lesson.

Good. Completely okay with this. Keep your grievances out of a good thread - no one wants to read them.

Not in a good place, actually had thoughts about jumping off a bridge a bit earlier. Not serious ones, but the idea and mental images shouldn't ever be entering my mind surely.

Just feels like nothing is going the way I'd like it too, that I'm X years old and have hardly anything to show for it. If I had the option to re-set my life from the beginning I probably would.

Hoping I'll shake these negative ideas soon, if this carries on I'll be in real trouble.
Hi EFC

It's good you shared your problems here. It must be difficult for you with these difficult thoughts. It might help if you talked to someone. The Samaritans are amazing, completely confidential and very helpful (116 123). Good luck mate, and keep posting here if you feel down.

Not in a good place, actually had thoughts about jumping off a bridge a bit earlier. Not serious ones, but the idea and mental images shouldn't ever be entering my mind surely.

Just feels like nothing is going the way I'd like it too, that I'm X years old and have hardly anything to show for it. If I had the option to re-set my life from the beginning I probably would.

Hoping I'll shake these negative ideas soon, if this carries on I'll be in real trouble.

Hope all is well mate.

Its completely normal to feel like wanting another go at life - the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence effect.

How are you doing Paul?

Hi Paul. Sorry to hear that you are feeling down. Unfortunately, it's been my experience that, once you have ever contemplated suicide, your brain will always present it to you as an option. You can not stop your thoughts. You can only change your response to them.

Much better thanks mate. Just all got on top of me last week but the weekend was enjoyable and I feel mostly back to normal.

Thank you very much everyobody. ;)
Good to hear buddy. Shout up anytime you feel like that, there's a lot of crap flying around in the world and it's important to not go under when it all gets too much.

Mate I know exactly what you're talking about. I was the same over 12 months ago. I've made a few simple changes to my life and things are better. I'm still broke though. Keep your head up mate and if possible try and make small positive changes. And whatever you do, don't give up

Got my sertraline yesterday.

Went for a coffee with the Mrs today and she is hurt and knows I messed up and contacted my ex but we're working on fixing it.

Got the doctor again in a couple of weeks to see how I'm doing and to see if I need to increase the mg of tablets.

I know everyone always says it but definitely speak to people if things are bothering you, never worth bottling up.
Mate, Sertraline is rubbish, I was on it for years, I never recovered from my broken marriage, plus other setbacks, Sertraline did nothing for me, I get through each day just, but still have thoughts of finishing it all, basically I have no future, I live each day as if I have been diagnosed with a terminal illness !!

Can I make a very generic point about psychotropic - mental health - medication. There have been comments on here by some - and innocently - that medication prescribed to them - is " rubbish " or " has not worked ". Of course people are entitled to their opinions, however, I would like people to please please take what I am about to say on board. If your prescribed medication by your Dr or health professional, take them as prescribed and give them four or five weeks to work. It's important to note that each medication is prescribed dependant on the personal circumstances of that person. Weight, current medication, side effect profile and current health issues are all factors which a Dr has to consider before prescribing medication. That medication may not have worked for some people, but be extremely beneficial for others. So, take medication as prescribed and give them a chance to " work ". If they don't, please speak to your Dr about them.

Medication prescribing really is a horse's for courses situation. Please please please be aware medication works for some and not for others and it can be upsetting for people hearing they've been prescribed medication that people are saying are " rubbish ".
I hope this makes sense.

Hi mate,

I think we had a chat about this a while back. Your situation sounds very similar to mine and the section I've highlighted in bold is exactly how I'm feeling right now (and have done since I can remember tbh). I often think about how much I want to go back to a certain point in life and make different choices and basically re-write how my life has turned out.

I have similar thoughts too, but like you, know I would never follow through cos too many people care about me, and I'm sure it's the same for you. But the thoughts alone are obviously not a good thing.

Keep posting in here mate or DM myself or others as there's so many great people in this thread with far better advice then I could ever give.

Hi mate,

I think we had a chat about this a while back. Your situation sounds very similar to mine and the section I've highlighted in bold is exactly how I'm feeling right now (and have done since I can remember tbh). I often think about how much I want to go back to a certain point in life and make different choices and basically re-write how my life has turned out.

I have similar thoughts too, but like you, know I would never follow through cos too many people care about me, and I'm sure it's the same for you. But the thoughts alone are obviously not a good thing.

Keep posting in here mate or DM myself or others as there's so many great people in this thread with far better advice then I could ever give.
Had exactly the same re life choices and how life was so much better when I was younger. Hard to shift that mental block and I still haven't been able to.

Weird as I'm a generally positive person.