Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Do any of you fellas use apps like Headspace?

Advik Shreekumar and Pierre-Luc Vautrey, of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, recruited 2,384 Americans from Facebook and Instagram to use Headspace. Using a set of detailed mental-health questionnaires, the authors found that, after four weeks, access to the app reduced the share of participants with moderate or severe anxiety by 13 percentage points, or 50%, compared to the control group (who were placed on a waiting list for the app). The share of participants with moderate or severe depression fell by 14 percentage points, or 47%, relative to the control group.

My wife was interested in meditation and went on a course last autumn - she caught Covid there, so wasn't too philosophical about it all until she'd shaken that off, but in the end she said it was really worthwhile.

hope everyone’s ok, i’m currently in the walton center i’ve had a spinal fusion done

and yer i’m uncomfortable i’m on pca pump

but i still have to try and find out how we was doing! the defeats probably depressed me a bit more everton really can change you like a drop of a hat it’s madness.

You need a pick me up Matty: lol

1645232563025.png

Wishing you all the best mate.

Too many off the pace today. Allan poor, keane looks asleep, Gordon not on form, iwobi poor (well there is a suprise) dcl poor offering nothing. intensity isnt there today. Take a draw.

Nah, I passed that and had graduation in December. My parents are even getting a puppy next weekend and I feel absolutely nothing about it, and I love dogs. I don't even feel anything when eating meals I normally like. My appetite's completely gone.

Thanks.
I'm more watching the game out of fear of losing and feeling worse.
Well, the puppy is here. Very sweet and cute, but still I just feel numb. I'm glad my parents have the dog.

I didn't make an appointment. I don't know what to say. I couldn't put it into words if I had a week to just type it out on here, let alone say it out loud in a 30 second call to the receptionist.

Well, the puppy is here. Very sweet and cute, but still I just feel numb. I'm glad my parents have the dog.

I didn't make an appointment. I don't know what to say. I couldn't put it into words if I had a week to just type it out on here, let alone say it out loud in a 30 second call to the receptionist.

If your GP is anything like mine, you can book an appt online ( due to the pandemic )

Really easy to do and they have to reply within 24hrs.

I think not just Headspace, but any kind of mindfulness/meditation can have a huge positive impact on anxiety. We had a mindfulness course at work at they present all the evidence-based neuroscience behind it. Very hard to disagree with that.