Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Struggling at the moment mainly due to work and the possibility of being made redundant combined with this lockdown.

What makes it worse is that I feel like I have been victimised and it seems to be only me being made redundant, anyone who might be able to help please reach out.

Struggling at the moment mainly due to work and the possibility of being made redundant combined with this lockdown.

What makes it worse is that I feel like I have been victimised and it seems to be only me being made redundant, anyone who might be able to help please reach out.
Mate head up your not alone in this, the lockdown nightmare is nearly over and life will resume very soon.

Have you been made redundant or you've been told you will be? Why do you think you're getting victimized? What do you do for a living?

Mate head up your not alone in this, the lockdown nightmare is nearly over and life will resume very soon.

Have you been made redundant or you've been told you will be? Why do you think you're getting victimized? What do you do for a living?
Basically told I will be, you just know you get me?

I am a surveyor and the other part I don't want to go into on here.

Basically told I will be, you just know you get me?

I am a surveyor and the other part I don't want to go into on here.

Tbh mate if your employer is victimising you then long term they are probably doing you a favour as no good working in that sort of environment.

Cut back on the spending for the time being and if the worst happens take some time to chill and look out for other opportunities which will no doubt pop up.

I was prescribed tablets which I decided were not for me and tried mindfulness and relaxation which I found very helpful. It may not be your thing but might be worth a try.
Gwladysover, there are loads of types of psychotropic medication. If your prescribed meds don't work discuss with your GP about changing them. Therapy is always good when used as an adjunct with meds. I would advise against just stopping your medication but if you've tried mindfulness and it work, that's great. I would just remind you and everybody, all mental health medication takes 4 to 5 weeks to start working therapeutically. I would add that in the past people have stopped taking their medication because they feel better, not being aware that it's the meds that keeps them stable. Good call about the mindfulness though mate.

They, cant just bin you mate.
You said you're a surveyor?
Once all this stuff dies down you should find something else,same line.

Gwladysover, there are loads of types of psychotropic medication. If your prescribed meds don't work discuss with your GP about changing them. Therapy is always good when used as an adjunct with meds. I would advise against just stopping your medication but if you've tried mindfulness and it work, that's great. I would just remind you and everybody, all mental health medication takes 4 to 5 weeks to start working therapeutically. I would add that in the past people have stopped taking their medication because they feel better, not being aware that it's the meds that keeps them stable. Good call about the mindfulness though mate.
I stopped the medication under the supervision of my GP which I should have explained in my post. I was prescribed the tablets, can’t remember the name now, after my anxiety became so bad after an armed raid on the post office where I worked that I was barely able to leave the house. Under the medication I was devoid of any emotion at all and decided that feeling something, even blind panic, was better than being unable to feel any love for my family. I was lucky in that I was able to attend group therapy sessions which were a massive help along with the mindfulness.

I stopped the medication under the supervision of my GP which I should have explained in my post. I was prescribed the tablets, can’t remember the name now, after my anxiety became so bad after an armed raid on the post office where I worked that I was barely able to leave the house. Under the medication I was devoid of any emotion at all and decided that feeling something, even blind panic, was better than being unable to feel any love for my family. I was lucky in that I was able to attend group therapy sessions which were a massive help along with the mindfulness.
Seems as though you have been Pro active in getting help which is a good thing mate. Unfortunately a lot of the medication prescribed in mental health can be, shall we say "debilitating". You don't as you know have to be stuck on one's your not getting on with. Good luck and take care m8.

I’ve posted on here before and guess what this forum has made my mental health worse being banned for no reason for arguing with one of youre little cliques and then coming back to him slagging off my dead mum

I’ve posted on here before and guess what this forum has made my mental health worse being banned for no reason for arguing with one of youre little cliques and then coming back to him slagging off my dead mum
Mate, you will get a lot of support on this site, you really will. You'll probably get a lot of p*$$ taken out of you as well
If you are struggling,
1, See a doctor
2, If it's bothering you, stop participating in the forums.
Seriously, it sounds like you're complaining about people in the forums making you feel bad, therefore avoid them.

Be careful on here lad, or any public forum, especially if you're struggling. I know it can help at the time but remember most on here have no idea you're struggling and most that have differing opinions can make it personal to make themselves feel better, and thats not a nasty thing just a common 'manly' trait.
Hope you get more good than bad from us.

This forum is incredibly supportive of fellow blues that are struggling - I'm sure if you stop threatening to physically hurt people on here then you'll have a much better experience. Violence is never a solution. Hope you feel better and get the help you need mate.