Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Struggling a lot atm lads

my gf has been in and out of hospital with a chronic condition, she’s also lost her mum and there’s bugger all I can do for any of it
Hate feeling like this, don’t mind if there’s something I can do but this sitting around feeling useless is killing me
Add that to the death we had on our side last month and the lockdown dragging on and on and can’t go the gym (which i usually use to keep my head on track) and it’s just a complete mess atm

tbh thought I could use putting it out there semi anonymously because I need to vent

mate I miss the gym badly , maybe try and find a routine to replace it . It won’t be the same but it’ll certainly help , spend a bit of time and set yourself something up maybe your own program or follow a couple of YouTube videos (Caroline girvan is excellent , especially if you’ve got any dumbbells or a KB Even if they’re little ) .

Get up get washed , brush your hair put your training kit on and have a go , I found sometimes it’s the little steps that establish the routine that give you the little kick start and once you’ve finished you can get showered and changed you’re filling time and tiring yourself as well meaning hopefully it’ll help you sleep . it’s not a panacea but stuff like that certainly works for me , as others have said walking is great especially if running isn’t your thing but I’m goal driven so I pick a place to walk even if it’s just the shops and back but maybe try and beat your time or try and speed up between lampposts or street signs just to boost it .

Vent away mate, better out than in.
Sorry you're not on top form but you're not alone, this pandemic has touched everyone in a negative manner one way or another, losing your girlfriend's mum obviously doesn't help matters.
I don't go to the gym myself but I do fully understand why the likes of yourself would miss it, obviously the exercise and release of endorphins, the social and habitual aspect of it, all in all it's a lot to miss.
Whilst not the gym, try getting out locally for a robust walk you'd be amazed at how good it makes you feel. I am fortunate to live on the edge of a town but next to countryside, I now go for long walks on my days off with the Mrs,
It's great seeing the wildlife and breathing fresh air.
I hope your girlfriend's condition isn't serious and your period of being up on the downside ( See what I did there) is short lived, I'm sure it will be mate, best of luck hope you are all sorted soon.
The time between work just seems to be going nowhere mate
As for the missus, it’s intercranial hypertension, her vision and balance are all over the place atm and she’s been put on medication which I hope will start helping soon

just feels like Groundhog Day atm

I was in your shoes before Christmas..
To be honest I've struggled for years, losing both parents my wife and getting made redundant.
Over ten years ago.
Recently gone on tablets!
They bloody work too!
Relevies anxiety,stress and depression.
I find going for walk or a little cycling helps a lot.
Clears my head!
Just don't stare at 4 walls.
Take care it good to talk
I’ve tried the tablets in the past and they just make me short tempered tbh
And I don’t really want to get into it with my gp until I sort out my current round of medical issues I’m waiting on hearing back about

The time between work just seems to be going nowhere mate
As for the missus, it’s intercranial hypertension, her vision and balance are all over the place atm and she’s been put on medication which I hope will start helping soon

just feels like Groundhog Day atm

Hope your missus gets better soon mate. Worrying about her is going to ramp up all other feelings, emotions and stress and like @larbert toffee says, sometimes it ain't a bad thing to vent your frustrations and worries on here.

my gf has been in and out of hospital with a chronic condition, she’s also lost her mum and there’s bugger all I can do for any of it
Hate feeling like this, don’t mind if there’s something I can do but this sitting around feeling useless is killing me
Add that to the death we had on our side last month and the lockdown dragging on and on and can’t go the gym (which i usually use to keep my head on track) and it’s just a complete mess atm

tbh thought I could use putting it out there semi anonymously because I need to vent
Sorry you are having a bad time of it recently. Don’t feel that you are useless as you are doing something by being there and supporting your gf. Just the knowledge that you
are there for her will be a big help to her, I am sure.

I’ve tried the tablets in the past and they just make me short tempered tbh
And I don’t really want to get into it with my gp until I sort out my current round of medical issues I’m waiting on hearing back about
I was prescribed tablets which I decided were not for me and tried mindfulness and relaxation which I found very helpful. It may not be your thing but might be worth a try.

Sorry you are having a bad time of it recently. Don’t feel that you are useless as you are doing something by being there and supporting your gf. Just the knowledge that you
are there for her will be a big help to her, I am sure.
Just want this crap part over with so we can move on with our lives
Tbh was waiting to pop the question but no idea when stuffs gonna be open enough to do it properly

I was prescribed tablets which I decided were not for me and tried mindfulness and relaxation which I found very helpful. It may not be your thing but might be worth a try.
As I say lifting heavy usually gives me a sense of perspective and helps me reset my brain and concentrate on one thing at a time
Losing that’s taken a big toll on my ability to cope

Hope your girlfriend's health improves. Sorry to hear you are struggling. It's hard when things are out of your control and you can't do anything to fix it. But don't feel you are useless. Just by being there and supporting your girlfriend is of huge value. She will appreciate having you around and helping her cope with her own emotions. I wish you both well.

Tbh was waiting to pop the question but no idea when stuffs gonna be open enough to do it properly
Mate, if you are sure she will marry you she will be ecstatic saying "yes" whilst pooping in the loo. There isn't any good timeline to figure out when the best time is, postponing the asking is basically making her put off the planning of the big event. You got this.

Mate, if you are sure she will marry you she will be ecstatic saying "yes" whilst pooping in the loo. There isn't any good timeline to figure out when the best time is, postponing the asking is basically making her put off the planning of the big event. You got this.
Got a plan mate and only get to do it once
I want her to feel like the princess she is and if it means waiting it’s worth it

One day the crap part will be over and we will all move on with our lives. Take one day at a time. I wish you the best of luck with your plan to pop the question, she’s a very lucky lady. Sorry if I come across as a bit of an old woman but that’s because I am lol

One day the crap part will be over and we will all move on with our lives. Take one day at a time. I wish you the best of luck with your plan to pop the question, she’s a very lucky lady. Sorry if I come across as a bit of an old woman but that’s because I am lol

Tbf I wanna go away on a weekend to a castle somewhere with a balcony, have my mates shadow us up there and set up a banner, then I’ll get the castle staff informed ahead of time to be waiting for the cue
I’ll mention about there being a good view from the balcony and push the bit let her see the banner as the song kicks in have her turn around to the proposal

Tbf I wanna go away on a weekend to a castle somewhere with a balcony, have my mates shadow us up there and set up a banner, then I’ll get the castle staff informed ahead of time to be waiting for the cue
I’ll mention about there being a good view from the balcony and push the bit let her see the banner as the song kicks in have her turn around to the proposal
Wow! An absolutely lovely idea, I’m sure you will be able to make it a reality. It will happen, keep the faith.