Diniyar Bilyaletdinov.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that he's been good for us but once he gets a summer break, that he'll come into next season better than ever.

didn't he come in straight of the back of the russian season, he's dead on his feet given some rest and he should be everything we hope for

I think he had a dip in form because of the fact that he has been playing straight for a long time now. With the introduction of Landon Donovan and a free summer I think he should be suitably rested for a great season next year in which he can make a big contribution.

He'll flop. he's a useless waste of space.

*applies Fellaini logic to Bily

I thought he was great against Man U before he went off. He's looking livelier in each game he plays in. Next season may be his year yet.

If he makes a habit of slicing balls from the right side with his left foot so accurately he will have a fantastic year. That goal was ace!

He is definately another piece in the blue print - he brings something that we have been lacking for some time; a powerful shot from outside the area and not being shy to give it a go.

Russian/Soviet players have never been great dribblers, but direct passing masters with powerful shots - Diniyar is no different. He might not have the verve of Piennar and Osman but he is just as skilled with the ball and his passing is amazing.

He reminds me of Beckham back the pre-Hollywood days, not the fastest player and not really one to take on defenders, but passing, industry and movement.

Looks to be a good signing. It's very difficult for a player to come straight into the PL and adjust to the pace and physicality of the game. He's shown glimpses of what he can do this season, but hopefully next season he'll be an integral part of a very good Everton team.

Our midfielders are all capable of scoring goals-

Arteta
Fellaini
Cahill
Osman
Billy
Pienaar

All first teamers quite capable of 5-10 goals a season each.

we know Gosling, Rodwell are capable of chipping in also.

Neville is just about the only one who doesn't chip in other than the very occasional goal.

When we look back at the midfielders at his disposal when Moyes took over:

Niclas Alexandersson
Mark Pembridge
Li Tie
Thomas Gravesen
Scot Gemmill
Tobias Linderoth
Lee Carsley
Kevin McLeod
Leon Osman

It's difficult to see how that midfield could provide anything close to a steady supply of goals! (Osman was still an untried reserve)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.