Demba Ba

Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously though, there are other players out there who'll do the same job for less money, if he doesnt come its not the end of the world.

But they won't do it for less money, that's the point. He's got proven quality, most players on a free are unproven and most players who do have a proven ability to score in the Premiership demand large transfer fees. Overall it will be difficult to find a player for similar money.

i dont deny that at all, but you can see how him trying to push up the weekly wage does drastically affect the overall cost.

I agree he's prob trying to drown every last penny out of who ever he signs for and yes I hope we don't get held to ransom ,but I honestly can't see us signing a better player for cheaper , if we do I will gladly come back on here and say I was completely wrong , top strikers don't come cheap , now I know full well Demba Ba 's not the best striker in Europe far from it but if were serious of making any improvements on last season were gunna need someone who can put the ball in the back of the net

But they won't do it for less money, that's the point. He's got proven quality, most players on a free are unproven and most players who do have a proven ability to score in the Premiership demand large transfer fees. Overall it will be difficult to find a player for similar money.

still, everton are dishing out ~ 70% of the annual revenue on players wages. the strict wage structure is there to stop the club going into financial meltdown and if that means we cant afford to stretch to the likes of ba's wage demands then so be it, such is life. nothing is more important than the stability (relative) of the club.

still, everton are dishing out ~ 70% of the annual revenue on players wages. the strict wage structure is there to stop the club going into financial meltdown and if that means we cant afford to stretch to the likes of ba's wage demands then so be it, such is life. nothing is more important than the stability (relative) of the club.

Couldn't agree more , that's why I said 20 posts ago there chasing the wrong targets potent strikers want potent wages , Shayne long type strikers want shayne long type wages, it's not rocket science the club should channel there energy on realistic targets and stop building fans hopes up chasing Mirislav Klose and Demba Ba who they have zero chance of signing

I may be wrong ut my understanding is that whoever buys Ba from West Ham doesn't get him free but picks up the payment schedule from Hoffenheim.
If so,the player will cost approx 6m over the next four years,plus signing on fees ,plus agents fees,plus wages costing 18m over thenext four years.

Yes,the Ba deal is tempting ,but it is far from being a no brainer,moreso if there are doubts about his knees.
How many of you are old enough to remember the millions wasted on VDM and before that Slavan Bilic and Danny Williamson.

I'm not as excited about it as I was, he could prove to be an expensive mistake. I know there's a risk with every player, but I've heard nothing good about those knees of his.

I may be wrong ut my understanding is that whoever buys Ba from West Ham doesn't get him free but picks up the payment schedule from Hoffenheim.
If so,the player will cost approx 6m over the next four years,plus signing on fees ,plus agents fees,plus wages costing 18m over thenext four years.

Yes,the Ba deal is tempting ,but it is far from being a no brainer,moreso if there are doubts about his knees.
How many of you are old enough to remember the millions wasted on VDM and before that Slavan Bilic and Danny Williamson.

Hoffenheim tore up the contract so I heard last week .

No he's on a free transfer , any international player with a goal scoring record like his will want 70k a week ,if not his agent is an amateur

Status
Not open for further replies.