2023/24 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not 100% sure regarding this issue.

Whether you like the lad or not.

To me the lad looked up for this season, it was Dyche that had the issues with him.

So clubs come looking and Dyche refuses to let him leave until we find a replacement.
So he kills any relationship he has with the player and forces his hand to not want to be where he isn't wanted.

He had already lost the player, tho he was still contracted to the club. Lost any chance of bringing funds into the club ( up until now ) with his stance regarding replacements.

None of us know the real truths behind the situation, but to me Dyche has had a complete 'Mare' over this.

He makes simon davies look like nedved, but he has something we lack which is pace.

We don't currently have anyone who occupy and scare defenders into staying back , it's free reign all the way upto to our 18 yard box

Didn't fancy it, didn't fancy passing all that much, and seemingly didn't fancy working back to track runners.

Gray sold £8M
Cannon sold £8M
Iwobi sold £22M

Beto signed £30M deferred
Chermiti signed £12M

Spend outside on loan options is about £4M, which is saved well over on wages for Mina, Gbamin, Davies, Townsend, Kean, Holgate.
We've realigned the squad and spent as little as seemingly possible. Much lighter in defence, but a few option more for the forwards and midfield still about equal.
Massive juggling act to perform this season. We'll score more.

cant believe all Dyche had to do was utter a few platitudes about nobody being bigger than the club and the majority of our fan base eat it up.
I'm sure Gray might have a huge ego and probably wasn't happy.
Good managers can keep a squad full of egos happy.
Good managers realize you can't control people in the end, no matter how much you try, and don't want to put our survival on someone who isn't willing to fight for the club.

You don't know anything about what went on in the lockerroom

Not 100% sure regarding this issue.

Whether you like the lad or not.

To me the lad looked up for this season, it was Dyche that had the issues with him.

So clubs come looking and Dyche refuses to let him leave until we find a replacement.
So he kills any relationship he has with the player and forces his hand to not want to be where he isn't wanted.

He had already lost the player, tho he was still contracted to the club. Lost any chance of bringing funds into the club ( up until now ) with his stance regarding replacements.

None of us know the real truths behind the situation, but to me Dyche has had a complete 'Mare' over this.
This just looks like you have an agenda to me.

I mean, "To me the lad looked up for this season, it was Dyche that had the issues with him".

What gave you that impression? I dont think he trained with the squad and he didnt play 1 minute of preseason. You believe who you want, but i believe Dyche. Gray has got form for this behaviour, and he took the 1st shot with the snidey comment,which was totally unnecessary.

Then you flip it back, saying none of us know the truth, before flipping back once again and saying Dyche has had a mare.

For what its worth, i think hes been a decent signing for us, especially at the price we paid, but getting any sort of profit in our current state is a good thing. Its time for Danjuma, Gray, Harrison and Dobbin to prove that he wont be missed.

The fact we essentially broke even on him and Iwobi is mindblowing to me. I honestly thought theyd both walk for nothing. As is tradition.

This just looks like you have an agenda to me.

I mean, "To me the lad looked up for this season, it was Dyche that had the issues with him".

What gave you that impression? I dont think he trained with the squad and he didnt play 1 minute of preseason.
Came here to say the same thing.

That's some insight to say a player looks "Well up for it" when he's not been seen.

Unless it was based on his efforts for Jamaica over the summer. :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.