2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
In general I think Sean Dyche has done as much as anybody could with the unbalanced squad he inherited.

But, I don't understand how Demarai Gray has had so little opportunity.
He is the closest we have to a genuine attacking threat, he has good ball control, speed and can finish well.
I realise that he doesn't work as hard as Sean Dyche would like but at the moment we are completely devoid of attacking threat.

It's a sign of our desperate times when people are almost on their knees begging for Demarai Gray to rescue us. A truly awful football player who nobody else tried to sign when we took him for £1.7m pounds from Leverkusen. Shunted out by Leicester even after they were on their decline after winning the league, deemed inadequate for a relatively poor Bundesliga side, and now our last hope of scoring goals. I do believe he should play more, simply because those in the team look every bit as bad as him and you're going to need to rotate the pathetic group we have even if it's just to keep as many of them fit as possible, even if they'll have little to no impact on any of the games they're in. Next game it has to be Iwobi out, Gray in, Gueye out, Garner in, Maupay out, Simms in.

It's a sign of our desperate times when people are almost on their knees begging for Demarai Gray to rescue us. A truly awful football player who nobody else tried to sign when we took him for £1.7m pounds from Leverkusen. Shunted out by Leicester even after they were on their decline after winning the league, deemed inadequate for a relatively poor Bundesliga side, and now our last hope of scoring goals. I do believe he should play more, simply because those in the team look every bit as bad as him and you're going to need to rotate the pathetic group we have even if it's just to keep as many of them fit as possible, even if they'll have little to no impact on any of the games they're in. Next game it has to be Iwobi out, Gray in, Gueye out, Garner in, Maupay out, Simms in.
Maybe not at the level of top premier league player but to say hes truly awful is a perfect demonstration of hyperbole. Hes a decent winger who is erratic but this vitriol towards him is excessive in my mind, in an ideal world he'd be a solid squad player for a midtable team

Hes definitely not awful.

I'd bring him in instead of Gueye at this point and move Iwobi central again. He offers nothing out wide, and Gueye is and always has been a liability with the ball.

Might be alright in the Championship I suppose. Although I suspect he might be one of a few that mistakenly think they are too good for it.

Glad Dyche has sussed this utter fraud out. One of the worst forwards to have been handed so many minutes I can remember in 30 + years supporting the club. Been given every game this season and taken most of the set pieces for an utterly abysmal return. Could be forgiven the lack of work rate or contribution to the team out of possession if he was putting up good numbers but he’s mainly anonymous and a goal in a blue moon and pitiful assist record are not worth what we lose having him in the side.

Dycheball requires 10 outfield grafters out of possession who will run through brick walls to stay in the game and sneak the ugly win. It’s no surprise he doesn’t see the peripheral, enigmatic (being kind) Gray as part of that set up.

Flog for anything we can get in the summer.

Thankless job for him up there but a better option than Maupay. Definitely gives opposition defenders more to think about due to his pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.