2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id hazard a guess that its because hes incredibly selfish.

Ideally like to see him sold in the summer.
We need difference makers. Squeaking out lucky 1-0 games looks brilliant when it works. If we need to score 2 goals in any game he’s one of the only guys we have that can help us do that

And he was dirt cheap. We need players like him and can’t sell him and assume we can allocate that money to cheaper and better - what a track record we have on that recently

Players like Gray offer real value in a side that is thriving, playing well and have teammates doing the donkey work. I’m not sure this side is the environment for him to show his very best.
If we ever resort to 442 he’ll be dangerous floating off the striker. Does time runs well for balls over the top if the other man drops deep. But wide players look like they will be expected to stay in a shape and scrap. He’s just not that man.

Surprised he has been frozen out quite so completely though. Maybe he drew a big penis and put his name on his anonymous questionnaire.

Given how the season has transpired with form, injuries and our inability to buy a recognised goalscorer, Gray is probably our best finisher at the moment. Put it this way, if Gray was latching on to the pass that put Doucoure away we probably would have put the game to bed.

That's not to say I'm advocating he should have been on for him, but somehow he surely could have been brought on for the last 10, knowing Leeds would start to leave spaces. The shape of the team could have stayed in a low block but Simms and Gray would be further forward and that at least makes the opposition think they cannot commit too much. With the limited amount of time on the pitch he should have the energy to help buzz around defensively in a McNeil/Iwobi style.

Given how the season has transpired with form, injuries and our inability to buy a recognised goalscorer, Gray is probably our best finisher at the moment. Put it this way, if Gray was latching on to the pass that put Doucoure away we probably would have put the game to bed.
This point is true but also opens up the point that if Gray was the one playing as the 10 instead of Doucoure then we'd have probably lost as we'd have gotten over run in midfield because he's too lazy. I don't like Gray as a player, I think he was the same as Gordon where he was nothing but pace and he's incredibly selfish with wasting good chances trying to do it all himself or do something amazing, especially in a team that doesn't create much to begin with, but I do recognise that he can be decent on his day. That being said though he's no where near good enough to sacrifice for in our current situation, he's technically our best winger but doesn't work anywhere near hard enough for a team in the relegation fight and Dyche has sussed that basically straight away.

We need to be a team of hard workers and try to grind results out rather than trying to bank on the likes of Gray banging in a worldie every 5 or 6 games and going missing for all the rest. I think he believes he's an unreal player but he was £1.5m for a reason, good squad player for us if we start to push on a bit but at the moment he doesn't get in the team based on workrate, a trait that at this point of his career is just simply not gonna be a part of his game that he'll learn.

We need to be hard to beat, Dyche has it right by defending from the front with McNeil and Iwobi.

Gray on the wing probably means an easy wing for the opposition to attack.

I wonder what he'd be like as a loan striker - it's not really his style to receive route one - but he was a decent counter-attacker under Benitez.

This point is true but also opens up the point that if Gray was the one playing as the 10 instead of Doucoure then we'd have probably lost as we'd have gotten over run in midfield because he's too lazy. I don't like Gray as a player, I think he was the same as Gordon where he was nothing but pace and he's incredibly selfish with wasting good chances trying to do it all himself or do something amazing, especially in a team that doesn't create much to begin with, but I do recognise that he can be decent on his day. That being said though he's no where near good enough to sacrifice for in our current situation, he's technically our best winger but doesn't work anywhere near hard enough for a team in the relegation fight and Dyche has sussed that basically straight away.

We need to be a team of hard workers and try to grind results out rather than trying to bank on the likes of Gray banging in a worldie every 5 or 6 games and going missing for all the rest. I think he believes he's an unreal player but he was £1.5m for a reason, good squad player for us if we start to push on a bit but at the moment he doesn't get in the team based on workrate, a trait that at this point of his career is just simply not gonna be a part of his game that he'll learn.

Again I just mean there has to be a place for him at the end of the game to offer a threat. I wouldn't start him but the last 10 or 15 I think we can give him a role. If we try to hold on for dear life with the 1-0 eventually we'll concede.

We need to start winning games 2-0 and so on else we are always going to be hovering on that trap door.

We need to be hard to beat, Dyche has it right by defending from the front with McNeil and Iwobi.

Gray on the wing probably means an easy wing for the opposition to attack.

I wonder what he'd be like as a loan striker - it's not really his style to receive route one - but he was a decent counter-attacker under Benitez.
I understand what you are saying but you need to score goals to win.

He'd be the first on the team sheet right now if he had the work ethic of Iwobi, but he doesn't. If Dyche can work that into his game then he'll get games.

Status
Not open for further replies.