2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grizzle should be fired up to make an impression. Think he can cause trouble off the bench next week against a poor Liverpool defence. He offers much more goal threat than McNeil that's for sure, but McNeil works harder in tracking back. If we stay up, and that's still a huge if for me, we need to make two signings out wide to give us better options.

I’m another who is intrigued where he is going to fit in now, is he tactically disciplined enough to be out wide and tasked with doubling up with his full back? Does this negate his strengths? I imagine he’s going to be used centrally

I’m another who is intrigued where he is going to fit in now, is he tactically disciplined enough to be out wide and tasked with doubling up with his full back? Does this negate his strengths? I imagine he’s going to be used centrally
Arsenal had 71% possession yesterday, a player like Gray defo fits into how Dyche wants to play, soak up pressure, counter-attack.

True but I could never see him putting in a performance like McNeil or Iwobi both did yesterday, do you switch him in for Doucoure? I’m not so sure about that either
Its 1 game mate, McNeil was good yesterday, but whos to say Gray couldnt be better?

But thats for SD to sort out.

Different games will require slightly different tactics.

I’m hopeful for Gray under Dyche. He’s made for quick, direct counter attacks. The goal he scored against Forest direct from Pickford being a good example. Also very effective on the counter in the early days of Benitez.

The half hearted attempt at possession football we tried at times under Lampard didn’t play to his (or really anyone’s) strength because the slow build up just let defences get into shape. Get it to him quickly while players are out of position and he’ll be very effective.
I like him, always carries the threat of an explosive goal. The new style may give him the space to exploit his speed.

I think Gray will get his chance but I don't think Gray should be shoved into McNeil-type role. It's up to the manager/coach to see where he fits.

Its 1 game mate, McNeil was good yesterday, but whos to say Gray couldnt be better?

But thats for SD to sort out.

Different games will require slightly different tactics.
Horses for courses like you say. I think this all depends on who we are playing, Home or away and also how the game is playing out. I thought he might get some minutes on Saturday. I’m sure he will play more than a bit part between now and the end of the season as will the other 3 mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.