2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went past 3 players last night and cut back a tap in for Iwobi...who watched it go by him.

He cant be made responsible for a lack of finishing.

Gray carried our attacking threat almost single handedly last night. And Mykolenko offers f.a. by way of support.
He passed to nobody a few times too or ran into being easily dispossessed
Not the worst last night, but very far from a decent performance

To whom?? We must be the only club who could buy someone for £1.7m and make it look overpriced. I honestly don't know who'd be interested enough to pay money for him. Forest maybe, but that's only because they had signed 18324 players and even then, Gray wasn't a thought.
You must watch games with your eyes closed. Because you're talking like he didn't run from inside our own half last night, breezing past Trippier, carrying it in to their box after going round Longstaff and put it on a plate for Iwobi who should have equalised or at the very least got us a shot on target. With that also being the only bit of credible attacking excitement we saw all game from any of our players like it often is. If you don't believe me then go to the highlights on EvertonTV - 47 mins gone.

And then you're also ignoring how he put in the cross for our goal at Southampton. And earnt us a point vs Forest.

Or last season putting in the cross for DCL's winner vs Palace at a vital moment or his last minute screamer vs Arsenal. If Gray didn't contribute in those key moment's last season we'd have gone down.

He's far from perfect but for £1.7m he's been a great signing. One of the few players we have who can earn us points from nothing and get the team out of jail.

Glad to see im not alone in my summary of him today.

Does not have a football brain at all, decent with teh ball at feet but no clue whats going on around him or how to play.

Could not criticise any player today apart from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.