2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
The city goal was his only moment of magic and he probably shot, because he tripped. Had he not he probably would have done a few more step overs. What other moments did he produce last season?
In fairness though, many times he was the only player in blue who took the ball forward. In a season as dire as last season, that was what passed as magic :(

You're a comparing a 26 year old Midfielder chased by Barcelona to a 26 year old £1.9m inconsistent winger...
£47 million on a player with year left on contract who supposedly wanted champion league footy. Overly optimistic to raise a point so Gray may be 25 to 30 million then. Goes nowhere else in this league for £15 million or we being spanked and entertaining for others again.

6 and yes someone else would take them. In 43 games combined, Keane, Mina and coady got 4 goals from OPEN PLAY
Richarlison scored ten league goals in his last season with us three of which were penalties,mind you he missed quite a few good chances and being fair he did plenty of defensive work as well.

In fairness though, many times he was the only player in blue who took the ball forward. In a season as dire as last season, that was what passed as magic :(
First season I liked his directness, but in the past 12 months he always seemed to pick the ball up, start driving forward with it, and then it'd either get caught under his feet or he'd turn back and attempt to slow down and hold it up - which didn't half wind me up. "Go forward!"

I believe the impending offer is 78.5 million. Everyone robs the Saudis and so will we.
Onana could follow for similar but that is less certain according to Saudi sources.

Waiting for bills sound bite …

“I would not sell him for 50m”

Michael Keane will be smuggling him out of finch farm in the back of his boot and he will. Be sold for 4m

And leaves us with 2 attacking players who scored more than 1 goal last season.

Fanbase loves it though.

We tend to sell players to better clubs than our predicament and celebrate it like they've done us a favour.

But the saudis would be doing us a favour … over paying for a player that cost us nothing

That kind of money would be great but I'd be a lot happier getting the replacements in first else could see a situation where we've let almost all our attacking players go and not brought in anyone to fill them. ...Except maybe Niasse and Rondon on loans.

Also clubs will just inflate the prices if they know we have money.

It’s ok , we can just show them our impending court case and our very public prem league enquiry to show that we are skint

First season I liked his directness, but in the past 12 months he always seemed to pick the ball up, start driving forward with it, and then it'd either get caught under his feet or he'd turn back and attempt to slow down and hold it up - which didn't half wind me up. "Go forward!"
This is exactly why I don’t like him. So so frustrating, he has 20 frustrating moments for every one bit of magic.

I don’t think it makes a massive difference this summer. We made 65 million in January from Kean and Gordon. It’s not like last summer where we had to sell Richarlison to try to balance the accounts by June 30th.

My understanding is that selling before July means it can be counted off the FFP now rather than being on next years accounts .

This would help with the investigation, our ability to make signings now as we are under close supervision from the pl etc

some people are letting this Saudi thing get to their heads. we would have been were happy with £10m before they were rumoured... you should still be happy with it.

No mate … when you go out on a Friday night you’d be happy with getting drunk, avoiding trouble and waking up in your own bed..

But once a bird comes up and asks you to take them home , your expectations change and if you don’t get a shag then you end up disappointed .

The Saudi’s are that bird , and we should absolutely ruin them :)

his fee to help BMD
Any player sales that dont go towards new team investment is totally counterproductive. MSP can foot the extra stadium costs but if we dont invest in the team, we really will have the best stadium in the championship.

It's not unusual to have a cash cow to write off transfer costs against, but any fee from Grey needs reinvesting. Gordon and Richie have already done more book balancing than they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.