2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iwobi does have a year left on his deal and to sell both + sign a far superior replacement and get Mills into the squad makes sense to me.

The Mills bit is a stretch for me mate. We have no idea how close he is to being ready. The fact he wasn't loaned out last season suggests to me that this is premature. As I said - no issue with Selling Iwobi and Gray, but I'd be doubtful about the club's ability to replace them both as things stand. It's as much numbers as quality. We currently have 3 senior wide players at the club and I'd suggest we need at least the same number next season.

Ive done plenty of moaning about Gray on here, from ignoring overlapping runners, doing Hollywood shots which he hits the target in about 1 in 20, and absolutely slowing the play down.

How is it someone so rapid gets the ball on a break and stands on it and waits for their defence to get back in shape.

The only things he offers is a once in a blue moon worldy and pace, which he unfortunately doesn't use to his advantage.

A threat yes, but by sheer book value and what he cost, anything we got on him would be a Nice profit and go a long way to enable us more wiggle room.

Do I trust the club to bring in someone with better attributes, no, which is the only quandary in my eyes.

He is an talented player who has made a career of not being to put it all together.
He needs a good preseason & a manager that tells him what to do and how to do it.
Give him until christmas. Lamps was an idiot, maybe Dyche can use him.

Not to say we cant bring in somebody better

Iwobi does have a year left on his deal and to sell both + sign a far superior replacement and get Mills into the squad makes sense to me.

Mills isn't ready to make a significant impact on the squad mate, I DO think he will be involved in the squad, but he won't get the minutes a Gray or Iwobi has had.

Like I said above, Gray is not on my keep list, but if we sell we need to improve on that profile - which Is what recruitment should do.

The Mills bit is a stretch for me mate. We have no idea how close he is to being ready. The fact he wasn't loaned out last season suggests to me that this is premature. As I said - no issue with Selling Iwobi and Gray, but I'd be doubtful about the club's ability to replace them both as things stand. It's as much numbers as quality. We currently have 3 senior wide players at the club and I'd suggest we need at least the same number next season.

Id say McNeil (left) and Mills (right) take up 2 spaces.

Iwobi + Gray sold with a right winger brought in + an u21 signed for the left.

Mills isn't ready to make a significant impact on the squad mate, I DO think he will be involved in the squad, but he won't get the minutes a Gray or Iwobi has had.

Like I said above, Gray is not on my keep list, but if we sell we need to improve on that profile - which Is what recruitment should do.

Punt Gray + Iwobi yesterday.

Go with a couple of u21s as backup (incl mills) and splash out on the right winger.

He needs a good preseason & a manager that tells him what to do and how to do it.
Give him until christmas. Lamps was an idiot, maybe Dyche can use him.

Not to say we cant bring in somebody better

Tbh mate, when he came under Benitez I listened to a lot of foxes fans, who said similar to me, plenty of ability rarely puts it together.

There's a reason we got him for 1.7m, if we managed to get 10-15m for him now thats serious profit and would help us massively.

I dont actually thin Dyche fancies him, I sit in the top balcony and I remember one of the games Dyche was talking to Tarkowski and giving instructions, Tarkowski turned to Gray and relayed the message and Gray threw his arms in the air and started moaning to himself. After that I would have punted him.

Like I say, all the ability, but he does not put it all together enough in the slightest.

Last edited:
Id say McNeil (left) and Mills (right) take up 2 spaces.

Iwobi + Gray sold with a right winger brought in + an u21 signed for the left.

Not for me mate - I don't think any squad can afford to gamble on having only two senior wide players. You only need one injury and you're left relying on an untried kid who may or may not work out. I don't think we know enough about the level Mills is at to be in the position of relying on him to that extent.

Sell both by all means, but that defo means for me that it involved needing to buy at least two players who aren't untried U21s

The Bournemouth game was grays first start in 6 matches. His last game as striker was the 3-1 loss at home to Fulham. Let’s not pretend he had a massive hand in us staying up.
Other then DCL being back all that says is in the most important game of the season, who did he go to!!

Other then DCL being back all that says is in the most important game of the season, who did he go to!!
Because of the options available. And you could have played maupay and simms and probably got the same result. Gray did nothing v Bournemouth, he actually was terrible and I would have took him off at half time. All 3 belong in the championship

Because of the options available. And you could have played maupay and simms and probably got the same result. Gray did nothing v Bournemouth, he actually was terrible and I would have took him off at half time. All 3 belong in the championship
Look at where we are as a club, and your putting all your trust in replacing Gray with a better player for £10mill

Gray isn't a great player and I have never seed he is, other than he has the Ability to be, just not the football brain.
But like how this debate started we spent more on what we will receive for Gray on Maupay.

You obviously have a lot more faith in our Recruiting, for a season we have to survive....

Look at where we are as a club, and your putting all your trust in replacing Gray with a better player for £10mill

Gray isn't a great player and I have never seed he is, other than he has the Ability to be, just not the football brain.
But like how this debate started we spent more on what we will receive for Gray on Maupay.

You obviously have a lot more faith in our Recruiting, for a season we have to survive....
You’re guessing what we would get for him, and you could also say the club will buy another garner or McNeil who have both looked good value for around the 10/12mil mark and are young, so should improve.

Gray is pony, he’d be in league one if he didn’t have pace. And like I’ve said you can make 10mil go far, if our recruitment team can’t find better with 10mil to play with then they deserve sacking.

I’d bet Stanley mills having the same minutes next season as gray last season, will easily match his numbers. Let’s be honest 2 open play goals and I think it was 1 open play assist, it wouldn’t be that hard.

Any way you have your opinion and i mine and let’s leave it at that.

The irony of this is utterly delightful
Thank you kindly !!!

It wasn't meant to sound how it probably read,
but when a poster is trying to put down you're knowledge/thoughts regarding football, and does it around his knowledge from a games console can make you stupidly bite...

Since the start of last season we have sold Gordan and released Townsend. We are really in a position to get rid of gray and iwobe

Status
Not open for further replies.