2021/22 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played much better when on the left.

As an actual central player I think he can work but he played as a split striker in the first half yesterday and that's not really his game.

I don’t like the assists/goals thing. You tend to know if someone has had a great game even if they don’t directly contribute to a goal.

….I think @Zatara has a point, though. We desperately need a goal and creation threat from wide positions. Every successful side we’ve had included wingers who deliver & that needs to be the case for us to improve.

In Gray's case it was more because he couldn't get a game at Leicester because of Jamie Vardy - that side were set up to play in a way (which admittedly worked fantastically) and everyone in the starting 11 had to sign up to and be able to do it.

Gray didn't ever really fit into that (nor did Ihenacho until Rodgers started to reform it with better players), but at a club where there isn't that way of playing he could go back to looking the player he was at Birmingham. Personally I think he - a direct, fast player up front - is almost exactly what we've needed for years and I hope we stick with him because we and he will see the benefit of it.
Sorry mate that’s rubbish. Harvey Barnes is a fast winger. Perez was also playing in the wide areas. Rodgers plays 4231 surely that system would suit him. I’m not sure what Vardy has to do with it.

And Leverkusen sell him after 10 games at a loss. After they’ve just sold one of their best wingers for 30mil. Surely a 2mil winger could have been a good squad player for them.

Sorry mate that’s rubbish. Harvey Barnes is a fast winger. Perez was also playing in the wide areas. Rodgers plays 4231 surely that system would suit him. I’m not sure what Vardy has to do with it.

And Leverkusen sell him after 10 games at a loss. After they’ve just sold one of their best wingers for 30mil. Surely a 2mil winger could have been a good squad player for them.

They sold him due to a release clause and his desire to return to England.

Cant remember James scoring 10 and assisting 10 last season. Richarlison definitely didn’t assist 10.

Why are you setting a bar for Gray that our current best players can’t reach?
I think he’s talking combined. And gray got 10
Goals in 133 games at Leicester. I’m not expecting there to be massive jump up, playing for us

Status
Not open for further replies.