2021/22 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love his attitude, his head never drops and he has confidence, how good is it to see someone back themselves and have a crack, make your own luck, that attitude won us the game last night.

He's definately ahot and cold player, but cant remember where I put it, if he can have another solid run of form over Christmas we will be fine. I love how direct he is to goal, he gets defenders on the back foot immediately. They know he can sidestep them so they sit off and give him some more space and if he can use that space like he did last night creating and scoring the goals.

I'm sure the resident leicester fans said the same thing, very good but final product is inconsistent. He's already had his best PL season for goals so hopefully he can continue to build on that.

It's worth noting.

Gray did that twice last night, once in the first half.

Beat a few players and his shot was terrible at the end of it. Gets a second chance in the second half to do it and we win the game.

Absolutely boss character from him. To have faith in yourself when so much is resting on you hitting the target, brilliant.

I know he did it for the Richy goal as well but I'm pretending that didn't happen because richarlisons hatrick goal needs credit ?

And the fact Benitez signed him for that fee speaks volumes when you consider the millions wasted by Brands.

If this is the sort of recruitment we'll be doing going forward, all I have to say is:

"May I have another serving please Mr Benitez?"

….it’s increasingly clear Brands hasn’t been signing players.

As for Gray, it’s a fantastic piece of business from Benitez. I thought I heard that Benitez ‘had kept in touch with him’ for a while, not sure how that worked but he has signed Rondon and Townsend who he worked with and trusted.

Interested on who future targets might be, he hinted after the game yesterday that others were working on things but no idea if that means identifying targets or negotiating on Benitez targets.

….it’s increasingly clear Brands hasn’t been signing players.

As for Gray, it’s a fantastic piece of business from Benitez. I thought I heard that Benitez ‘had kept in touch with him’ for a while, not sure how that worked but he has signed Rondon and Townsend who he worked with and trusted.

Interested on who future targets might be, he hinted after the game yesterday that others were working on things but no idea if that means identifying targets or negotiating on Benitez targets.
Shelvey

And the fact Benitez signed him for that fee speaks volumes when you consider the millions wasted by Brands.

If this is the sort of recruitment we'll be doing going forward, all I have to say is:

"May I have another serving please Mr Benitez?"

Pace, power, goal threat, mentality - all for 1.7 mill. He’s now probably worth 30 mill.

How much did previous managers waste on players with none of these traits? Slow, weak, cowardly players who hardly ever stood up when it was needed. Millions down the drain. No wonder Moshiri has backed him. He’s seen an actual return on investment for the first time in years on a player.

Pace, power, goal threat, mentality - all for 1.7 mill. He’s now probably worth 30 mill.

How much did previous managers waste on players with none of these traits? Slow, weak, cowardly players who hardly ever stood up when it was needed. Millions down the drain. No wonder Moshiri has backed him. He’s seen an actual return on investment for the first time in years on a player.
Let's hope he is not thinking that way,we need every player we have to get us out of this situation .We are not in a good place and can't sell any of the better players .

Status
Not open for further replies.